Turn on thread page Beta

Rugby234's road to acethetics watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    I'll probs join some taster classes soon. Haha I can see why, at 6'5'' you could be quite scary to be up against.
    Do it! Can be a little intimidating at first with all the noises and the odd huge skin head eastern european... haha.

Still cruising with the lifting, nothing too intense, been busy with work and job interviews in London, so just doing a few compounds per session, front squats, deads, cleans etc along with assistance stuff to keep things ticking over.

Gym tomorrow night, so will update properly then.

ReputationRep:
    23/10/13

Good session tonight, drank a **** load of black coffee and took some pre workout gel from bulkpowders which seem to work pretty well, anyway, workout was...

Kettlebell C+P - 15x28kg, 12x30kg, 10x34, 8x38kg, 6x42kg, 10x32kg.

BB Rows - 20x60kg, 15x70kg, 12x80kg, 10x90kg, 8x100kg, 15x60kg.

Dips - 20x20kg, 15x30kg, 12x40kg, 8x50kg, 10x30kg (Oh lawd was hanging like chit after these).

Cable flys - 20x40kg, 20x35kg

Close grip chins - 15x10kg, 12x20kg, 20xbw

Lat raises - 15x10kg x 3

DB shrugs - 20x38kg, 15x40kg, 12x45kg.

Feeling pretty knackered right now, first heavier session in a few weeks, felt good, cleaning up diet abit cause all the chit was making me feel sluggish.

ReputationRep:
    Looks good - always love watching people do weighted dips (no creeper) as it looks so bad ass! Reminds me of all those motivation vids I used to look at when I was starting out - someone was all doing weighted dips with a vengeance. Strong BB rows?! What angle do you do them at?

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yeah strapping a few big plates feels good, especially as no one else seems to do weighted dips at my gym, so get the odd look, would look better with some huge chains hanging off my neck...

BB rows are at about 30degrees, I try get as near to flat as possible if trying to hit just my back, then losening the angle to hit traps a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    How goes the aesthetics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amskyr)
    How goes the aesthetics?
    Sorry been busy, hence no updates! Although I have now secured myself a sick job in London! Joined Gymbox in Westfield which is absolutely amazing!

Anyway, lifting is going well, I've got two weeks of mooching until I start the new job, so lifting five days a week, routine is...

Monday - Chest/Tris (Heavy)
    Tuesday - Back/Bi's (Light)
    Wednesday - Legs/Shoulders
    Thursday - Chest/Tris (Light)
    Friday - Back/Bi's (Light)

Volume is rediculous but all I'm doing is lifting/eating/sleeping, so thought I may as well go balls out!
    Diet has been cleaned up, but still running calorie surplus to try stick on some mass. Will update properly end of next week to let you know how the above routine goes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugby234)
    Sorry been busy, hence no updates! Although I have now secured myself a sick job in London! Joined Gymbox in Westfield which is absolutely amazing!

Anyway, lifting is going well, I've got two weeks of mooching until I start the new job, so lifting five days a week, routine is...

Volume is rediculous but all I'm doing is lifting/eating/sleeping, so thought I may as well go balls out!
    Diet has been cleaned up, but still running calorie surplus to try stick on some mass. Will update properly end of next week to let you know how the above routine goes...
    I am jelly for that is my current goal! Congratulations!! Enjoy your two weeks of unadulterated heavy lifting!

ReputationRep:
    I am jelly for that is my current goal! Congratulations!! Enjoy your two weeks of unadulterated heavy lifting!
    Haha, thank you! I will very much enjoy the next few weeks of freedom!

Where are you based at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    congrats on the new job!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thank you! I will very much enjoy the next few weeks of freedom!

Where are you based at the moment?

Currently at home in Edinburgh, I love my home city but I need to go somewhere new. I went to a very, very small univerisity (St Andrews) so I am so ready for London - its always where I wanted to end up after uni!

ReputationRep:
    Subbing.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Currently at home in Edinburgh, I love my home city but I need to go somewhere new. I went to a very, very small univerisity (St Andrews) so I am so ready for London - its always where I wanted to end up after uni!
    Traitor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Traitor.
    Choosing your university based on league table rankings - NOT EVEN ONCE. I am definitely a city person - I learn from my mistakes!! Very happy here in Edinburgh although I miss my friends from St Andrews a lot. Do you come from Edinburgh originally as well Hype?

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice! Edinburgh is an awesome city, I have fond memories of the place after breaking my nose and being refused entry to Mahognay, then wandering round trying to find my mates flat...

London is amazing for opportunities, if and when you move down here, come to gymbox and I might let you watch me do some weighted dips (If you're lucky...!) Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Just had a sick back workout.

Chins - 6x10BW (Plus a few sets of 4/5 cause I was dying...)
    BB Rows - 1x15(60kg) 1x12(80kg) 1x10(90kg) 1x8 (110kg) 1x15(80kg)
    Rack Pulls - 1x12(100kg) 1x10(140kg) 1x8(160kg) 1x6(200kg)
    Cable rows - 4x12 (65kg)
    Shrugs - 4x12 (90kg)

DB Rows - 3x12(40kg)
    superset
    Press ups - 3x25(BW)
    Lots of curls @ varying weights to get dat pump.

Name:  IMAG0007.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  173.0 KB

Quick progress pic, weight is up a little bit, taking about 10g creatine ed, so probably holding a bit of water, clean bulking up until around Feb, then plan to get shreddddeddd!

ReputationRep:

I'll have to come stalk you

Keep up the good work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
    I'll have to come stalk you

Keep up the good work!
    Ha! Are you living in London, or do you intend to make a special trip just to stalk me?!

And thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Are you living in London, or do you intend to make a special trip just to stalk me?!

And thanks!
    Haha I'm a Londoner I'm abroad atm, coming back in December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
    Haha I'm a Londoner I'm abroad atm, coming back in December.
    Nice! Well if you ever see a tall guy wearing short shorts it's quite possibly me!

ReputationRep:
    Looking huge. Also liking the beard aesthetics.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.