Turn on thread page Beta

Invasion of Muslim lands is the main reason for terrorism watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Angry Stoic)
    I don't think you understood my point at all.
    Perhaps not, I took it to mean we (the uk) declared war on Germany, if so then I strongly disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizza King)
    Discuss.

Is the biggest reason for Islamic terrorism in the West by far due to the fact Muslim countries are constantly invaded by the Western world (America and co.) or are there other reasons?

Would withdrawing from Muslim countries and not invading them in the future stop terrorism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Muslim terrorism has been occuring since the 7th century.

The Taliban also tried to assassinate a 10 year old girl. That America too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnCrichton89)
    Perhaps not, I took it to mean we (the uk) declared war on Germany, if so then I strongly disagree.
    We did so justly. As we have justly invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Angry Stoic)
    We did so justly. As we have justly invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I misunderstood, my bad. I suppose without a declaration of war we couldn't respond, what I meant was. I assumed you were implying we started it, strange that I would make that assertion then jump all over you.

What does it say about me ..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    If Muslims are going to side with Islamic countries over the West then the West is absolutely retarded for letting them live here.
    Why? THere are many times that I've been on the "side" of countries other than our own, Muslim or not.

What we have in the west is the freedom to say this stuff. And you're also being ignorant by saying "letting them live here" Many people were born here

ReputationRep:
    The main reason for terrorism is a lack of education, where clerics of a politicised text feast upon naive and impressionable children. Sure you could say the Western world contributes to this by invading countries and destroying much of the infrastructure and utilities then fleeing once theyve got rid of the government that doesn't benefit them. This leaves the countries in a perpetual state of poverty which gives children no purpose other than a life of hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizza King)
    Discuss.

Is the biggest reason for Islamic terrorism in the West by far due to the fact Muslim countries are constantly invaded by the Western world (America and co.) or are there other reasons?

Would withdrawing from Muslim countries and not invading them in the future stop terrorism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assassinn)
    The main reason for terrorism is a lack of education, where clerics of a politicised text feast upon naive and impressionable children. Sure you could say the Western world contributes to this by invading countries and destroying much of the infrastructure and utilities then fleeing once theyve got rid of the government that doesn't benefit them. This leaves the countries in a perpetual state of poverty which gives children no purpose other than a life of hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The moustache twiddling Imams were themselves prayed upon at some point and thusly, by this logic, are victims as well. Also allot of the more successful, and destructive, terrorists are well educated and converts from later in life not as children.

Ohh there it is, the contemptible and masochistic libtard brain fart. To paraphrase;

It's our fault they want to kill us. WELL DONE!!! You just know the conversation is going no where when someone says this.

ReputationRep:
    The moustache twiddling Imams were themselves prayed upon at some point and thusly, by this logic, are victims as well. Also allot of the more successful, and destructive, terrorists are well educated and converts from later in life not as children.

Ohh there it is, the contemptible and masochistic libtard brain fart. To paraphrase;

It's our fault they want to kill us. WELL DONE!!! You just know the conversation is going no where when someone says this.
    The moustache twiddling Imams you refer to, regardless of their educational attainment, never lift a finger and merely find weak souls they can influence and manipulate. Its these people who commit terrorism because they've been taught a rendition of Islam that says if you kill yourself you'll get to heaven [which isnt backed up by the Quran btw].

Im not simplifying the situation by making salient that western invasion is the sole reason of terrorism at home and abroad, nor am I defending Islam. You cannot disregard however a history of western [military] involvement in the world which has contributed to the turmoil we see today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assassinn)
    The moustache twiddling Imams you refer to, regardless of their educational attainment, never lift a finger and merely find weak souls they can influence and manipulate. Its these people who commit terrorism because they've been taught a rendition of Islam that says if you kill yourself you'll get to heaven [which isnt backed up by the Quran btw].

Im not simplifying the situation by making salient that western invasion is the sole reason of terrorism at home and abroad, nor am I defending Islam. You cannot disregard however a history of western [military] involvement in the world which has contributed to the turmoil we see today.
    Like I said the discussion goes no where, people can interpret religious doctrine in many ways. There is a very real prominent interpretation of Islam that doesn't just condone violence but advocates it. Are these people wrong for misunderstanding or is the text wrong for so being easily misconstrued? QUOTE]

You would argue what? that there are moustache twiddling Imams who blatantly misrepresent Islam to further their political goals, that we feed this by standing up to their advocating of violence.

You are sorely misinformed and ill equipped to argue, don't try convince me that Islam is non-violet while people quote the Quran as they murder rape and torture.

Go tell them they aren't really Muslim, you dishonest toad.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said the discussion goes no where, people can interpret religious doctrine in many ways. There is a very real prominent interpretation of Islam that doesn't just condone violence but advocates it. Are these people wrong for misunderstanding or is the text wrong for so being easily misconstrued?

You would argue what? that there are moustache twiddling Imams who blatantly misrepresent Islam to further their political goals, that we feed this by standing up to their advocating of violence.

You are sorely misinformed and ill equipped to argue, don't try convince me that Islam is non-violet while people quote the Quran as they murder rape and torture.

Go tell them they aren't really Muslim, you dishonest toad.
    You are contributing to this discussion with insults like libtard and toad yet you insist this debate will go no where. I don't really care how you view Islam and am not trying to convince you of anything. I'm not here to discuss Islam but the topic at hand, whether the implications of Western invasion contributes to discontent and resentment of the West resulting in attack of which I agree for said reasons. And I'm afraid you are sorely misinformed if you truly believe invasion of these unstable countries are a gesture of standing up to their backward values. You've blatantly disregarded a century of history, a habit that ignorant people like you tend to insist on.

Im more than certain in admitting the confusingly written Quran owes inspiration to tribal insistence of spreading islam in the most brutal ways possible. However to consider this alone as the reason why an alien group of people on the other side of the planet associate what they read with the west is not only ignorant but also moronic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    If Muslims are going to side with Islamic countries over the West then the West is absolutely retarded for letting them live here.
    Sorry, that this is late, but A )MAny people are born here, b) I often think other countries are in the right, because of my beliefs about why we're really going to war etc... b) I've also (rarely I must add) thought that we in the West are correct

At the same time, one thing I absolutely LOVE about Britain is that most people aren't blindly patriotic as you just seemed in that post, which is a lot more common in a whole host of other countries - most notably the United States

Before you get all "Yeah but you're a Muslim/Pakistani" on me, I also don't like how blindly patriotic many Pakistanis (from Pakistan) can be as well, and I'd equally NOT support Pakistan on a whole host of issues, but yes, please do think that we are one homogenous group and we side with "Islamic countries"

FYI, lots of Muslim majority countries are secular as well

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.