Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Try leaving your window a tad open (unless you're on a ground floor, like me, in which case don't), or you could try leaving the curtains open just enough for the sunlight to creep in and wake you up. The sun is nature's alarm clock, after all. I hate mornings. I have four alarm clocks now.
    It's dark at 6am at this time of year.

OP, as someone else has said, if you're setting your alarm for 6 and then snoozing for an hour every day, it sounds like you don't really have to be up at 6. If you were catching a plane you'd get up in time, so in reality whatever you're getting up for just doesn't have enough priority for you to get out of bed - which is fine, you just need to adjust your morning routine so you have time for everything.

I just set my alarm for the time I have to get up, and I NEVER hit snooze. I have to sit up and get up as soon as it goes off or I know I'll oversleep - but I know I don't have spare time in my morning routine for snoozing so I have to get up with my alarm. My husband, who doesn't get up at the same time as me, has an app on his phone that tracks how deeply he is sleeping. You put it under/by your pillow and I think it monitors your movements, and it will start to alarm when it detects you are at a lighter phase of sleep, within the time frame you give it. This supposedly makes it easier to get up once awake (if it reaches the end of the time period you've given it, it will go off anyway, tough luck!) so might be worth a try?

ReputationRep:
    If i really need to get up then i just get out of bed straight away and then stagger to the kitchen and get my breakfast- as soon as i've eaten i'm awake. The snooze button is not your friend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty bad tbh, I should be up by half six but I usually set my alarm for six and end up snoozing till quarter to seven - but like people say it probably is best if you get up straight away as it will jolt you into action/get you going

ReputationRep:
    Go to bed early

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Move to China, don't think I ever saw before 10am at Uni, Get up at 6 every day here

ReputationRep:
    I set up my alarm with a note, depending on my plans for that day, so I manage to get up because I know if I'll be late, I'll get in trouble, big trouble On Monday I start working, so I'll have to wake up at probably 5.30 am, so I'll just set up my alarm with lots of exclamation marks

Few times I didn't sleep the whole night because was scared for not being able to wake up on time. But then I was a walking zombie for the rest of the day :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Set a note for when your alarm pops up, saying: "WAKE THE **** UP!!!"

It works everytime because that's the first thing you read in the morning. Its only really useful when u actually NEED to get up though.

I used to snooze for About 30mins - 1hr in first year but seeing such a harsh message usually works for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.