Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope)
    I've seen it done! My little sister managed it last year, it's ridiculously hard but she did it. One was a supernatural type thing and the other a murder mystery. They were pretty good actually. Definitely nuts to try it though!
    I'm sure it's possible but it's probably less likely to be if you work 9-5,five days a week with long travel times to and from work and other things in the way like sports and so on. Kudos to those who try and succeed but I think I'll just concentrate on getting the one done for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I'm sure it's possible but it's probably less likely to be if you work 9-5,five days a week with long travel times to and from work and other things in the way like sports and so on. Kudos to those who try and succeed but I think I'll just concentrate on getting the one done for now.
    Oh I know, I'd never manage it, she only did because all she had was school and nano. I'm not even attempting more than the 50k this year, hard enough getting time to fit that in if I'm honest. Good luck
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Once my glasses get here it'll be easer.. Apparently my eyes need help with reading stuff..
    But it's only a small prescription.

Posted from the iPad of terror

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TalkingLion)
    What is it?
    National novel writing month. Basically, you have to write 50,000 words in the month of November.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Clementine101)
    National novel writing month. Basically, you have to write 50,000 words in the month of November.
    Or more.
    But that's for the crazy, insane people.
    Lol.
    50k is hard enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Or more.
    But that's for the crazy, insane people.
    Lol.
    50k is hard enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep! I'm only on just over 300 words :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementine101)
    Yep! I'm only on just over 300 words :/
    Keep going invent a dream or do a massively long description or something like that :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    Keep going invent a dream or do a massively long description or something like that :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wont give up! I'll probably get a huge wave of inspiration soon, hopefully before November is over I have my plot and everything, just have to figure out a way to make it so its not boring, ha!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I only decided last night that I wanna do it. I'm gonna cheat slightly coz I'd already actually started a novel so have about 1000 words already down Should be interesting to see how it goes. I was never very good at writing 2000 word essays for uni - I always fell short - so trying to do 50,000 words over a month is a big ask :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and have never taken a part before. How do you guys even find time and motivation to write so much? I could never do that. Unless I come up with a brilliant story line seven months in advance or something. It sounds like a fun thing to do, though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I'm not taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and have never taken a part before. How do you guys even find time and motivation to write so much? I could never do that. Unless I come up with a brilliant story line seven months in advance or something. It sounds like a fun thing to do, though.
    I'm only doing it for three reasons:

1) I already had an idea for a novel, that I wanted to write before I realised it was NaNoWriMo :yes:
    2) I'm not in work or education at the moment, so it's an ideal time to write
    3) It might force me to actually get the novel written, rather than just pondering on it like this: :moon:

Also good practice for my PhD applications, since the NaNoWriMo target is half an arts/humanities PhD thesis in word count length :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's just finding the time that's difficult, it's finding the inspiration and the creativity to keep it going. I thought it was going well for the first thousand words or so, now I'm struggling a bit more with the storyline and that's effecting both my word count (when time isn't on my side) and my ideas. I'm at about 3200 words so far so I need to move it as I'm pretty behind in terms of my required word count.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It's just finding the time that's difficult, it's finding the inspiration and the creativity to keep it going. I thought it was going well for the first thousand words or so, now I'm struggling a bit more with the storyline and that's effecting both my word count (when time isn't on my side) and my ideas. I'm at about 3200 words so far so I need to move it as I'm pretty behind in terms of my required word count.
    Same.
    But I'm at 15k. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Same.
    But I'm at 15k. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good going. You'll be done in no time at that rate. I'm over 4k now. Still a long way to go that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all .

I did NaNo for the first time last year, wrote and published my novel, and now I'm back for round 2! Although I'm a professional writer, this still feels special to me somehow.

Anyway, I have just over 5,000 words, but started a week late so I will hit the target. Last year it took me four days to write the whole thing!

How is everyone else doing with theirs? My counter is in my sig so that will probably update in this thread more than I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Hey all .

I did NaNo for the first time last year, wrote and published my novel, and now I'm back for round 2! Although I'm a professional writer, this still feels special to me somehow.

Anyway, I have just over 5,000 words, but started a week late so I will hit the target. Last year it took me four days to write the whole thing!

How is everyone else doing with theirs? My counter is in my sig so that will probably update in this thread more than I do!
    Hi

4 days!! How?? You must be an insanely quick writer!
    I'm roughly on target with mine, just a couple hundred over the required word count of today... but I'm trying to get ahead as I know ill be really busy later on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    Hi

4 days!! How?? You must be an insanely quick writer!
    I'm roughly on target with mine, just a couple hundred over the required word count of today... but I'm trying to get ahead as I know ill be really busy later on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am an insanely quick writer. It's what I do all day every day, I got used to it. Once I have the idea in my head I don't struggle for the words, and I've always been that way. I type over 100wpm and don't often have to stop for a break. But this year I have more work to do than I did last year, as business is better, so I won't be able to get it done at that pace as I'll be fitting it in around other things.

ReputationRep:
    I have written mine all on paper, so far wrote about a 1000? But I still haven't put it up! The minute I was gonna start my dad let his friend borrow the laptop! -_- And the computer desktop has no word! So its so frustrating! And college is stressful enough, with me doing my A2 and personal statements but I am determined to do this!

I have the whole plot in my head even dream about them sometimes ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I am an insanely quick writer. It's what I do all day every day, I got used to it. Once I have the idea in my head I don't struggle for the words, and I've always been that way. I type over 100wpm and don't often have to stop for a break. But this year I have more work to do than I did last year, as business is better, so I won't be able to get it done at that pace as I'll be fitting it in around other things.
    Fair enough! I don't really have a strong storyline that Im happy with, so it's pretty difficult... I can do about 200 words in four minutes (due to my lack of ideas I find it easiest to write whilst listening to a song in a short spurt)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 3, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.