Turn on thread page Beta

the only reason im at uni is to get pissed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    even though it is the wrong intention

fair play your doing what you want to do

who am I to judge you, I'm not that big of a **** the biggest thing I was looking forward to when going uni was getting pissed.

I don't enjoy education I just do it because I have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    even though it is the wrong intention

fair play your doing what you want to do

who am I to judge you, I'm not that big of a **** the biggest thing I was looking forward to when going uni was getting pissed.

I don't enjoy education I just do it because I have to
    labour party slogan

education, edukashion, edwukayshun

ReputationRep:
    #Lad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Stuart Mill)
    labour party slogan

education, edukashion, edwukayshun
    Your point being???

can't see the issue with going through education because you have to not because you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Nice one.

Do you think I could get into medical school by saying "I just want to be drunk for 5 years"?
    probably, if you applied to the corruption school of medicine in india

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
    the uni i go to is quite easy i just go to get pissed i can easily get 40% in first year
    The amount of effort that gets you 40% in first year will not be enough for you to pass second year. Not to mention that it'll be even harder on account of not knowing most of the basic stuff from first year that you then have to try and build on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Your point being???

can't see the issue with going through education because you have to not because you want to.
    It's just sad that you're not getting what you are supposed to out of it.

If you want a job that requires academia you should love academia.
    If you want a job that requires a 'broadening your mind' then you are missing the point by not doing so.
    If you want a job that your degree will not be useful for then you shouldn't feel you need a degree.

The last point is particularly tragic - the government have engineered it so that people who have no need of a degree, and don't want one, have to waste three years of their lives. University life is fantastic, but the point of widening access to higher education to those who don't directly need it is to create a nation of reflective, educated people. It's a huge privilege, and I support funding for people who don't need a degree, provided they want to do one. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegitimateManiac)
    You clearly didn't read my threads correctly, I don't poo in the bath but I do masturbate in public toilets.
    One way ticket to the sex offenders register lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)

If you want a job that requires a 'broadening your mind' then you are missing the point by not doing so.
    If you want a job that your degree will not be useful for then you shouldn't feel you need a degree.

The last point is particularly tragic - the government have engineered it so that people who have no need of a degree, and don't want one, have to waste three years of their lives. University life is fantastic, but the point of widening access to higher education to those who don't directly need it is to create a nation of reflective, educated people. It's a huge privilege, and I support funding for people who don't need a degree, provided they want to do one. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money on both sides.
    Worse; taxpayer has to pay for them to waste 3 years of their lives...

ReputationRep:

I want a job that requires academia but I don't love it.

only reason I want the job is because the money is attractive thus allowing me to do the things i really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I want a job that requires academia but I don't love it.

only reason I want the job is because the money is attractive thus allowing me to do the things i really want.
    Interesting, I was actually thinking that might be the case.

Well if you want to work hard at something you don't enjoy, in order to get a good job, that's fair enough, and good luck to you. I hope you come to enjoy academia, simply because it's an amazing thing to be doing, and you could have a job you enjoy as well as a good salary, but that's your business.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I was actually thinking that might be the case.

Well if you want to work hard at something you don't enjoy, in order to get a good job, that's fair enough, and good luck to you. I hope you come to enjoy academia, simply because it's an amazing thing to be doing, and you could have a job you enjoy as well as a good salary, but that's your business.

I the OP wasn't a massive troll I would still apply my post to people like him, because there is a difference between drinking and working hard and drinking and failing (I drink plenty, and enjoy it), but I guess you'll always have some people who take advantage of the funding opportunities we get. The majority of students have fun and work hard.
    I don't think ive ever enjoyed education unless you count languages and PE, as for the OP I'm sure he is not silly enough to literally do nothing at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I don't think ive ever enjoyed education unless you count languages and PE, as for the OP I'm sure he is not silly enough to literally do nothing at uni
    If you are right about the OP then this is a non-thread.

What subject do you do? Do you not find it remotely interesting? Both my parents are teachers, so my perspective is atypical.

ReputationRep:
    If you are right about the OP then this is a non-thread.

What subject do you do? Do you not find it remotely interesting? Both my parents are teachers, so my perspective is atypical.
    Economics interesting in comparison to other subjects but enjoyable? not in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    How sad that you can only get pissed at Uni, good luck in the real world.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.