Turn on thread page Beta

Why do my parents love my adopted brother more than they're actual real son? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    No worries & mate please don't be too hard on yourself
    Never cared much for my parents approval but lately I may as well not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren Thomas)
    Never cared much for my parents approval but lately I may as well not exist.
    Do you play football?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about his football skills? Its not a job worthy of respect anyway. Why would you want to be someone else's entertainment? You should aspire to get a real job and anyone with an ounce of decency will respect that. So really, its not something you should be jealous of at all. Apart from that, even if you're not blood he's still your brother so try not to take it out on him and perhaps talk to your dad about the whole situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound unsympathetic but you should try asking your parents instead of the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    Do you play football?
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    Who cares about his football skills? Its not a job worthy of respect anyway. Why would you want to be someone else's entertainment? You should aspire to get a real job and anyone with an ounce of decency will respect that. So really, its not something you should be jealous of at all. Apart from that, even if you're not blood he's still your brother so try not to take it out on him and perhaps talk to your dad about the whole situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't play football and he is better than me at everything and more popular and everyone wants to make some sort of positive impacts for their parents. Even my cousins etc prefer him, again anyone would think I was the adopted one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He can be a idiot at times, he asked out the girl I went on a date with the day after and my parents didn't bat an eyelid... arghhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren Thomas)
    I don't play football and he is better than me at everything and more popular and everyone wants to make some sort of positive impacts for their parents. Even my cousins etc prefer him, again anyone would think I was the adopted one.
    Being adopted, he probably feels he needs to do more for the family.And now he's gone a little too far.You could start practicing football.Then, you wouldnt feel left out.Which country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    Being adopted, he probably feels he needs to do more for the family.And now he's gone a little too far.You could start practicing football.Then, you wouldnt feel left out.Which country are you from?
    England and I tried football and got humiliated at a football match (he just happened to be made captain and was man of the match)

Wasn't a nice moment.

ReputationRep:
    I wish they hadn't adopted him...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Statistically he will not make it as a professional footballer and end up a psychological wreck. Actually... maybe you should worry, because that could well make your situation worse.

Anyway, just focus on things you are good at and build up your own friendship groups. I don't think it's anything specific to your situation or the adoption; a situation like this could very easily arise with fraternal twins as well.

ReputationRep:
    Fed up of being the loser.

ReputationRep:
    Any solutions?

Why do my parents like him more?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.