Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling to decide with Leeds. It's a brilliant uni with a great reputation for my course, top 3 in the UK, 1st for unis outside London. Thing is it's 3hrs away from home, it's expensive and I think I'd miss home lots! Think I'm only attracted to Leeds because of the reputation tbh! What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well;
    it's a good uni, reputation-wise.
    it's obviously a good uni for your course.
    it's cheaper than London.
    it's a good town.
    accommodation is good.
    student union is good.
    in fact, everything seems good. and I should really stop saying good.

CHOOSE LEEDS

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what either of those universities are like so I can't comment! Leeds met is my insurance!

Is everyone moving away from home or staying close by ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh, I live south-east. so ima moving up. can't wait for it :3 see, leeds is my 1st choice, but I've also got offers from Goldsmiths and Portsmouth, and interviews at Brunel and Middlesex. Although I have no clue why I'm going to the interview at Brunel, and the Goldsmiths' Offer Holder Day, because their offers are/will be too high to be insurances...

ReputationRep:
    Go to Leeds, it's the best offer you have for your course.
    3 hours is not really that far, you can still visit home on weekends.

(Original post by Ellieboyes3)

Is everyone moving away from home or staying close by ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Moving away. And I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyjudge)
    well;
    it's a good uni, reputation-wise.
    it's obviously a good uni for your course.
    it's cheaper than London.
    it's a good town.
    accommodation is good.
    student union is good.
    in fact, everything seems good. and I should really stop saying good.

CHOOSE LEEDS
    Accommodation is expensive, don't like the city, students union is okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might as well post here, no point in starting two threads to talk about the same thing:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2483708

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Leeds is my first choice at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieleannexo)
    Really struggling to decide with Leeds. It's a brilliant uni with a great reputation for my course, top 3 in the UK, 1st for unis outside London. Thing is it's 3hrs away from home, it's expensive and I think I'd miss home lots! Think I'm only attracted to Leeds because of the reputation tbh! What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a scary decision to make I know, but I'd go on what you think about the uni and the course. I recommend not focussing on how far it is from home, because at the end of the day, uni is our first big step toward our futures! When you go to uni you'll make loads of new friends, who will become your family (and hopefully, so will I); so my advice, concentrate on the uni itself, don't let the fear of the unknown stop you from going where you want to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimonJB)
    It's a scary decision to make I know, but I'd go on what you think about the uni and the course. I recommend not focussing on how far it is from home, because at the end of the day, uni is our first big step toward our futures! When you go to uni you'll make loads of new friends, who will become your family (and hopefully, so will I); so my advice, concentrate on the uni itself, don't let the fear of the unknown stop you from going where you want to go!
    Decided I'm not going to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving up from the north east so its about a 2 hour journey for me! I won't be coming home much I don't think, I can't wait to move ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Central village is nice but it isn't the best for social life.... From what I hear (I'm a first year Leeds student living at Devonshire Hall)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraak)
    Central village is nice but it isn't the best for social life.... From what I hear (I'm a first year Leeds student living at Devonshire Hall)

Posted from TSR Mobile

so what accommodation would you advise? Essentially, I'm looking for cheap, shared kitchen, possibly an en-suite...

ReputationRep:
    haha everyone seems to be going to Leeds from quite close! For me its about a 6hr drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraak)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is not too good for social life ? I was Hoping for somewhere that is good for social life and Iv out down central village

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodles_95)
    haha everyone seems to be going to Leeds from quite close! For me its about a 6hr drive
    It's nearly a 3 hour journey for me! Where abouts do you live?!

ReputationRep:
    It's nearly a 3 hour journey for me! Where abouts do you live?!
    Dorset!!

ReputationRep:
    So I've got an offer from both Leeds ( medicinal chemistry) and QMUL(pharmaceutical chemistry)
    I live a bus ride away from Leeds but its my dream to live in London
    My only concern about confirming QMUL is the cost!!! Ive done some calculations and if I go without a job I'm going to have to survive on around £50-£70 a week
    WHAT TO DO!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodles_95)
    Dorset!!
    Wow, that's quite a journey! What do you want to study - have you firmed Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's quite a journey! What do you want to study - have you firmed Leeds?
    Haha yeah if you've lived in Dorset your whole life you'd understand why I want to get as far away as possible! Broadcast Journalism you? And not firmed yet, got a couple of interviews to go yet!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.