I'm considering getting a personal trainer. Should I get one? Watch

AreebWithaHat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
I misread that as 'anavar' and got exited
I got exited too. Also don't say that forbidden word, the mods will bum rape you mate.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
I got exited too. Also don't say that forbidden word, the mods will bum rape you mate.
Woops...

JimmyGatz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you not got anyone you could take to the gym with you and have watch you? Like even your mother or father? I know it sounds stupid but you might want to impress them or something lol. Have you really got no friends you could take with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by de_monies)
I don't know about you, but I don't want to look that muscly. I want to be lean instead. Also, he sounds like he's "bigorexic"
What you don't want dem biceps with all the veins?
Maestrok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bassetts)
I'm considering getting a personal trainer to help motivate me and push me in the gym. I go to the gym on my own. When I first started out, I had a lot of motivation. I would go to the gym several times a week and I enjoyed seeing changes in my body. These days, going to the gym feels like a chore. I have stresses in my life which are getting in the way of the gym and making me lose motivation. I used to feel great after gym sessions but these days after each session, it feels like I've been hit by a bus and I feel 'out of it' for a while. I have to collapse on my bed, resting for up to a few hours. It's no longer enjoyable. I no longer have that spark or motivation. I think getting a personal trainer would really benefit me.

Do people have experience of personal trainers? How good are they and what prices would I be looking at? I'd like a balanced opinion please, not a sweeping statement like 'PTs are awful/waste of money/if you can't motivate yourself you will never succeed' or any of that bull****.

Personal Trainers can be great if you find it hard to motivate yourself, as them being there will make you do that extra rep or go that extra mile. Also more importantly if you are a newbie to the gym and don't really know how to perform excercises, PT can teach you great technique and form. This is something which you can't really do yourself as watching videos you could be teaching yourself bad form and injure yourself. Also depending on your PT they may offer your nutritional plans.

But the other side is that some PT tend to be arrogant and just want to take your money. If you do get one, do plenty of research!
nk612
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
if you got the money i dont see why not... however there many ways to be motivated, it could be as simple as going on youtube, or even take up a sport that you like to motivate yourself with personalized training in that field
JT14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going with a friend can be helpful or watching videos before you go, there is nothing personal trainers know that isn't available on the internet. So you have to think if the money you spend is worth it rather than just doing that research yourself. If you have any more questions you can DM me.
You can check this motivational page if you need help, http://www.smarterhealthandfitness.c...Motivation.php
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
Woops...

Pepper your angus.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Pepper your angus.
It's peppered, hopefully it doesn't get salted.
Pavzky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I find that using a notebook and writing down your program and the weight you used is pretty effective. It made a huge difference because the next time I train, I can't bare to do less weight/reps than I did last time. Just seeing what you did last time makes you a lot more inclined to better your last workout.
Kreme
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah. Get one. They might even train you in bedroom athletics.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kreme)
Yeah. Get one. They might even train you in bedroom athletics.
Hahaha, as we all know he doesn't need that no more. :rolleyes:
He is :hump2: 'em young peaches everyday now.
theoferdinand
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingKumar)
PTs are awful/waste of money/if you can't motivate yourself you will never succeed
Absolute rubbish . Expensive yes/ waste of money nah .
B-Stacks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's nothing a personal trainer can tell you or do for you that isn't easily accessible information. If it's motivating, no one can force you to be motivated. I see people in the gym with their personal trainers and they're still moany little ****s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.05%
The paper was reasonable (274)
50.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.81%

Watched Threads