Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Still, I'd rather get a heavily subsidised degree off the RAF haha. Yeah I found it quite easy, you? Little nervous for the beep test though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yea I was thinkin of that. Have you read my other thread on studying int raf? Yea it was ok, run went quick lol. Struggled towards end of sit ups lol but my abs are pathetic!!

I was reading before that the bleep test is pass/fail, but even if you fail you still go to RTS you just have to pass it before you can graduate! Not sure how correct that is tho but it's somethin to think about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a few members of my family in the RAF, I just asked them about it. On the RAF website it says if you dont pass it you have to wait 6 months. But correct me if I am wrong haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've not idea pal haha it was a thread I here I was readin on here from 2008 I think. A girl just talkin about her time at prtc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did your family say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can pretty much study what ever you want as long as you can justify why yiu want to study said subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perryguy)
    Avionics tech.
    Army or Air Force?

ReputationRep:
    Air force

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. I thought you meant you asked about the keep test haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my bad. No they dont know. PRTC wasnt a thing back then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No worries. I'll ask when I ring up tomorrow and let you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers bud. Much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright pal. Just got off the phone to AFCO, he said as soon as they receive dates for PRTC they will be touch but that could be January or February!! He said there's one in December but he didn't know if it was full or not.

As for the bleep test he said if you fail your application will be shut down lol. But he said if you pass the fitness test on the treadmill and keep up with trainin you should easily pass it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice one mate. Time to beast the fitness then. Try and make basic easier when it eventually comes around, I am dreading xmas though. So much temptation to pig out, just my luck to have to wait a couple more months. Could be a blessing though.

ReputationRep:
    You only have to get to level 9 so it can't be that hard. It's just the turnin that'll get me lol. Probly slip or get injured!

I just hope we're not waitin till February for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it 9.10? At least it's conducted inside! Yeah, tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    Says on the website 9.02, and then 20 push-up and 35 sit-ups but only 70% on those lol what that means I have no idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perryguy)
    Air force

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then I very much doubt there will be a problem. Physical fitness is very rarely an imperative for RAF techs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Then I very much doubt there will be a problem. Physical fitness is very rarely an imperative for RAF techs.
    Still have to pass the tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    When it comes to the RAF all Airmen require the same basic level of fitness.

(Original post by jebbadiah)
    Says on the website 9.02, and then 20 push-up and 35 sit-ups but only 70% on those lol what that means I have no idea!

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applic...women_pjft.cfm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.