Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys congrats on your offers so far! I've got my interview at Bristol on 29th Jan and was wondering what everyone dresses in? Should I go suit or just smart black jeans/trousers and a shirt n jumper? Also is there anything I could be revising/practicing interview or test wise?

ReputationRep:
    At my interview day there was a bit of a variation in dress but I went in a shirt, tie, smart trousers and shoes and that felt about right for the occasion.

The test is a bit strange and not really like any maths or physics at school, it's more prediction/estimation-based, but most of it is grounded in mechanics theory.

In the interview, you'll probably get one or two hypothetical engineering questions that you're meant to explore by talking aloud, and again it could be anything related to the sort of physics applicable to engineering.

In summary, I would say there isn't anything specific to revise but it's just a case of knowing all the basics pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Interview had, but out of interest, do they send feedback on it? Oxbridge people getting theirs back, and wouldn't mind hearing what the third party companies have to say on the matter

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Bristol on Monday! really like the look of the course but it seems really full on, with little time for much else :/

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I would say the engineering design students seemed to have time to do tonnes of other stuff alongside so it can't be impossible to keep up other things

ReputationRep:
    Facebook group here for all engineering offer holders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426223020960681/

ReputationRep:
    Glad to know that there are more who have applied for the same.Congrats to those who have been selected.
    I haven't received a reply and do hope that they may soon email me for a Skype interview.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.