Love, hate or rate. -gcse subjects!! Watch

MoneypennyLyon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Love: History and maths. History is super interesting and maths is pretty easy and all my friends are in my class. 9/10 for both

Hate: English Language and literature. Controlled assessments will be the death of me. Special mention also has to go out of geography where I had to highlight every single use of the words traffic flow and noise level in a project about traffic flow. 1/10
bluebell_flames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(When I did my GCSEs)
I loved maths (10/10) as it was fun/interesting and the sciences for the same reasons (9/10).

I hated history (3/10) as the syllabus was dull and I hated learning fact, and sociology (4.5/10) as I felt like I didn't learn a single thing in 2 years.
TalkingLion
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History, Art, Biology; 9/10
PE, RE, English; 3/10
The rest of my subjects are average...
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Love= geography 10/10. I found it really interesting and rewarding.
Love= sociology= 10/10 Also really interesting and very rewarding.

Hate= french 2/10. I loved this subject up until the end of year 9. Then when i starded year 10 it all went downhill. I found it boring. I think the teacher may have made things worse by constantly thinking he was funny when he wasnt and telling constant unfunny jokes and stories.
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
Physics - 10/10 love because I find it interesting.

Spanish - 2/10 hate not worth studying, I chose it because I had to in order to do Mandarin.
I considered taking spanish when i had to choose my options (i chose french instead). One thing that put me off was the crazy german teacher that id had for spanish during year 8 and 9.
lozzyhickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Back when I did GCSE (many years ago):

I loved German 10/10- it's such a fun language, and it was interesting to learn about a new culture. I also found it quite easy (although not everyone agreed!)
I also loved drama 8/10- it helped me 'release' myself a bit, and improved my confidence and communication skills quite a lot.

What I didn't like was my ICT GCSE- it was compulsory at my school and it was incredibly dull. I use IT quite a lot in my current degree but I honestly can't think of anything in the GCSE that I have needed to use/will need to use again. Pointless.
Emma_Etheredge
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little_Miss22)
Post the subject that you love and are currently enjoying and what you do in that subject
Th Subject you HATE and why
And RATE them both out of 10

Also i'm picking in 2014 so detailed would be kinda useful yh? Lol
English Lit.(and Lang.) - 10/10
You can express yourself through this subject-lit. It's essential to have both if you're going to do a-levels (lots of sixth forms won't even consider you if you don't have a C or above in both). It's my passion, it can be so interesting if you really invest time, for example I read Shakespeare's works out of pure curiosity. It's brilliant, and may be a core subject but enjoy it, rather than doing the bare minimum.

Chemistry, triple award, higher tier - 4/10
I was quite interesting in chem at first, it seemed to make sense to me. As I have progressed through the course (am in yr 11, final year) it has befuddled me, and all of the different ways that you can do things, and how much each particular equation and reaction can change seriously confused me!! If you're going to take it, I would suggest taking dual award- if you're with the AQA exam board- unless you have a natural ability. I have had to study really hard for chemistry, which takes time away from other things.
Good luck with your choices
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I done them

Love: Food tech 7/10 Just cooked and drew and learned from a book
English 9/10 Loved it and my teacher was so great!

Hate: French 2/10 Gets so ****in difficult when you get past the tenses
lovepeace
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Child development 5/10 the amount of course work i had to do was unbelievable but at least we had to do it on the computer so i got to listen to music

btec science 8/10 just copied out of the book was really easy
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSE Maths is the easiest thing known to man, how only 5% of people got A*s is beyond me
Flauta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
Also, forgot to ask, how's Music a level going for you?

I've got my sixth form interview next term and I think parents have to come too so I'm dreading it, don't think they'll be too happy with me wanting to do Music Tech and not Biology since they probably want me to be a doctor ( typical Asian parents )

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's great thanks, learning really interesting stuff

Haven't you spoken to them about it yet? At the end of the day if they try to discourage you it's your choice what you take not theirs, make sure you stress that
hatsuko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
English/maths 1/10
biology/chemistry 10/10
Somegirl123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Love Drama, English and history and hate german and science. German is literally crap and science is just a waste of my time as i really do not give a crap about enzymes or diffusion or whatever.
Flauta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
Haven't spoken to them but I know they won't really support it, just hope that parents don't have to come to interviews...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're taking 4 other well respected subjects iirc, you need something new you'll enjoy
Mr Tall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Love: Maths 9/10 easiest A2Level subject

Hate: Chemistry 4.5/10 So boring...
staticas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Love: English and French
Hate: Science, especially Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads