Do you consider biology as a science? Watch

User990473
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:lol:

Of course, topology is an exception to my rule!

EDIT: actually, that isn't a science either :facepalm: I should retreat to my chambers!
elohssa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a science. However most people who do it would fail at physics, maths or chemistry.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
nice to see it again... don't their middle class 1980s houses look strange though
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology is applied chemistry which is applied physics. Therefore, biology is science.
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not only is it a science, it's the most enjoyable science

Posted from TSR Mobile
natninja
  • Careers Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Masoudy)
To physicists: Stamp collecting crap Rutherford said last century is outdated. You guys don't even discover new stuff anymore (except in CERN or NASA, if you ever get there). We do actual discovery today (i.e. we science)
Oh please... If you are going to say something like that at least know what the hell you are talking about even slightly.

Though biology is definitely a science.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Of course yes
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  funny-biology-cell-division.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  36.4 KB
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Science isn't dictated by the difficulty of the subject or how esteemed its students are. It's dictated by the methods used to acquire and examine information.

(Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
No biology is just stamp collecting. Physics is science.
Science requires experimentation (see the scientific method). The irony of describing a biology as a non-science because biologists collect data as part of experiment is remarkable.
redtortoise
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What kind of a stupid question is that ?
redtortoise
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by elohssa)
It's a science. However most people who do it would fail at physics, maths or chemistry.
What on earth are you taking about?
pheonixfeather
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
No biology is just stamp collecting. Physics is science.
I take all three sciences, I think I can safely say your wrong. It's just as important as physics in my opinion... And a LOT more fun! 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
LinzyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy96)
Not only is it a science, it's the most enjoyable science

Posted from TSR Mobile
YUS! *high five*
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course biology is a science. I know a few people too who look down at biology in terms of it being a science. Just because it is deemed 'easier' than chemistry or physics, doesn't make it any less of a science imo.
skd1996
Report 5 years ago
Biology can be seen as really applied chemistry.
ChildishHambino
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Masoudy)
Yes it is. Here is an open message to all jealous w**kers out there:

To physicists: Stamp collecting crap Rutherford said last century is outdated. You guys don't even discover new stuff anymore (except in CERN or NASA, if you ever get there). We do actual discovery today (i.e. we science)

To engineers: Yes we do Molecular techniques called "genetic engineering" that do not involve engineering. It is adding and mixing different reagents to create new genes. So your statement of "no science without engineering" isn't accurate and engineering in genetic engineering is not engineering

To mathematicians / Business students: You're not science

To doctors: We lecture you

To chavs: You don't even uni

To snobby Oxford history/philosophy students: You're studying something impractical, find a job after your degree you bloody w**ker

Love
Biologists
fam us mathmos would merk off all u bio kids anyday of the week init.
THEMathlete
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:facepalm: what? Most of the students in my biology class are also doing chemistry and maths.
I do biology alongside chemistry and maths - I'm not failing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LinzyLoo)
YUS! *high five*
:woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
PlsGimmeMBBS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In response to those who say biology is easiest, I bossed all three sciences at GCSE and A-level, and I find the order is:

(Hardest)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Easiest)

Of course biology is a science, and it shouldn't be less regarded than the physical sciences. Biology is complex chemistry which is complex physics. Try making new diagnostic, therapeutic or ecological etc discoveries whilst focusing down too much to the core basis with physics! It wouldn't work. In biology you need to know lots of things, often more qualitative, and link lots of these together. With physics you need to know less things and can apply them to lots of situations.
PlsGimmeMBBS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because biology is more interesting. Anyhow, I got A*A*A* in the three sciences.

EDIT: not bragging, I know others who got higher. Just trying to illustrate how people who do biology would not always fail at chem and phys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.26%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.1%
It was TERRIBLE (185)
13.23%

Watched Threads