Cameron lectures the plebs from a golden throne Watch

sugar-n-spice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by n00)

This'll do.
:confused: lol I don't understand, why would anyone make a chair with a metal spike on the seal?
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't listen to what the guardian says.
Heathen Christ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MostUncivilised)
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ic-sector-cuts

Attachment 253256

God, it's like something out of Animal Farm. Who is he to live off our backs, and read us sermons on how to live? He doesn't seem to comprehend the irony of lecturing us about the government having to tighten its belt and cut services, while sitting on a golden throne at a state banquet.
Keep stirring hopefully it will come to a boil one day..
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Heathen Christ)
Keep stirring hopefully it will come to a boil one day..
It's already simmering along nicely, and is well on schedule to come to the boil on election day 2015
Heathen Christ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's already simmering along nicely, and is well on schedule to come to the boil on election day 2015
mm I couldn't care less about who wins mate im votin ukip i dont like the tories but I dont like labour and their immigration
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DarkWhite)
I wonder what his PR team were doing while this was happening.
That is probably the woman next to him.
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Utter non-story. As much as I am unenthusiastic about cuts, criticising the environment he speaks is reveals terrifying ignorance of people here.

This was the Lord Mayor's Banquet, an annual event at which the sitting Prime Minister always makes the keynote speech, and given this government, that is inevitably going to be about making cuts to public spending. He has no control over the furnishings of the place he speaks at: it's been like that for centuries and he has no business seeking to change it.

For God's sake, obsessing over such non-issues like this and not spending your energies actually countering the arguments of his Government are what makes the left so dreadfully feeble these days.
tc92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather see Cameron in full white-tie dress than turn up in a normal suit as Gordon Brown did in previous years, deliberately trying to make a political point about him being 'normal'. You're someone's guest of honour, you dress how they ask you to dress, sit where they want you to sit, and speak from whatever lectern they want you to speak from. It's common courtesy.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're all in this together, but some of us are more in this together than others.
n00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sugar-n-spice)
:confused: lol I don't understand, why would anyone make a chair with a metal spike on the seal?
Wood might lead to splinters.
sugar-n-spice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by n00)
Wood might lead to splinters.
No I mean any sort of spike, not just metal..like why would you put that there? Is it a trick so you sit down and it spikes your bum?
pandabird
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
Who cares where he says it from, fact remains cuts NEED to be made and the deficit was and is still too high. Don't want to be affected by cuts? Stop scrounging and get on your bike or on the bus.
Scrounging? Get yourself into the real world.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pandabird)
Scrounging? Get yourself into the real world.
Which real world is this you're talking about?
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Attachment 253256

God, it's like something out of Animal Farm. Who is he to live off our backs, and read us sermons on how to live? He doesn't seem to comprehend the irony of lecturing us about the government having to tighten its belt and cut services, while sitting on a golden throne at a state banquet.
Major difference between this and Animal Farm is that in Animal Farm, he wouldn't have been elected for a limited term, and you wouldn't be able to write this post critical of him. So OP, it's pure hyperbole on your part.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sugar-n-spice)
No I mean any sort of spike, not just metal..like why would you put that there? Is it a trick so you sit down and it spikes your bum?
That's no spike... Note it's shape. And the way the tip is also shaped... What you can't see is that it's attached to a mechanism allowing it go up and down...

...now use your imagination.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Attachment 253256

How terrible - the leader of a major country is well dressed, wearing a charity badge and sitting on a nice chair as a guest at a historic and traditional dinner which has been going on possibly for centuries. Meanwhile we have someone writing in the Guardian complaining about how awfully hard work it is to be a waitress - I've yet to hear the PM moan in a national newspaper about how difficult his job is, or even my friends who have worked in hospitality complain.

Well, perhaps the greatest ever increase in the income tax personal allowance, which she will benefit from, might make her realise that the government is doing genuine things to improve the lives of the low paid. I doubt it though. Entitlement seeps through her every word.

As for reading you 'sermons' on 'how to live' - he is the democratically elected Prime Minister of your bloody country. Maybe you should try listening to him.

And if it matters so much to you, it looks from the photos like everyone present gets broadly the same chair, save for the Lord Mayor.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
As for reading you 'sermons' on 'how to live' - he is the democratically elected Prime Minister of your bloody country. Maybe you should try listening to him.
What an odd thing to say.

I'm not sure about the OP, but I certainly didn't vote for Cameron. I think he should be ashamed at the way his party has conducted itself in some matters and I can't imagine why I would want to listen to him - I find that most of the stuff he says is garbage.
pandabird
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
Which real world is this you're talking about?
Where a vast amount of 'scroungers' rely on benefits a.k.a income support because the minimum wage is not enough to survive on without help from the government,

I love how people assume everyone on benefits are scroungers you've absolutely no clue.
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love how people assume those who dislike the government's cuts must be scroungers. I have been employed for a solid ten years and have claimed JSA for all of two months, ten years ago. Other than that, no benefits have ever come my way.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
How terrible - the leader of a major country is well dressed, wearing a charity badge and sitting on a nice chair as a guest at a historic and traditional dinner which has been going on possibly for centuries. Meanwhile we have someone writing in the Guardian complaining about how awfully hard work it is to be a waitress - I've yet to hear the PM moan in a national newspaper about how difficult his job is, or even my friends who have worked in hospitality complain.

Well, perhaps the greatest ever increase in the income tax personal allowance, which she will benefit from, might make her realise that the government is doing genuine things to improve the lives of the low paid. I doubt it though. Entitlement seeps through her every word.

And if it matters so much to you, it looks from the photos like everyone present gets broadly the same chair, save for the Lord Mayor.
Probably because the career of Prime Minister disadvantages are more than outweighed by its advantages. Though I must admit I do not particularly like the columnist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (4)
40%
The paper was reasonable (1)
10%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
10%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
40%

Watched Threads