The Student Room Group

Whats the best thing about life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To understand it.
Reply 21
How bewilderingly heart wrenchingly beautiful and confusing it can be.
Having one.

I always keep myself in check when I moan that I'm stressed, my life isn't how I want it to be or if I feel that it's slipping away from me. Then I look at the news and read about the experiences of people in Syria, in the Philippines, in the war-torn parts of Africa, and I realise that the best thing about life is being free to live it and not living in fear that it will be taken away from me by someone who has no claim over it.
A lot of people seem to think it's sliced bread, and I'd be inclined to agree with them
Breathing's a favourite, I like that. Um, having hands, that's fun.

I never used to understand Nina Simone's song "Ain't got no, I got life", because she's saying she has nothing, no friends, no family, no religion, no love, no education, nothing at all. The only things she has are her freedom, and her body, and she's happily singing away about how great her liver is and her heart and her feet and her boobs. But when you think about it, and all the things that could go wrong with your body at any time, and how bloody brilliant it is at everything, it is pretty awesome just to physically be alive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Getting pissed
Ask me when I'm in a better mood.
I can't decide between sex, yoga and a kebab I ate earlier.
Original post by Vixen47
I can't decide between sex, yoga and a kebab I ate earlier.

lol! All 3 at once next time :tongue:
Reply 30
The fact that people who do stupid things to their bodies are made to pay the price.
Reply 31
Cats! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Softy31
x

^^This person. :love:
Cuddles :love:
Reply 34
Original post by ninuzu
^^This person. :love:

Original post by MidnightDream
Cuddles :love:

Cuddles from that person! ^^ :colone:
Reply 35
Original post by Softy31
Cuddles from that person! ^^ :colone:

Like this? :jumphug:
Or this? :hugs:

:wink: :love:
Reply 36
Original post by ninuzu
Like this? :jumphug:
Or this? :hugs:

:wink: :love:

Both.
Is that not a standard procedure?
You know how you ninja jump on someone so they fall on the floor, become immobile - and then you cuddle with them gently out of sympathy?
Reply 37
Knowing that things will always be okay. :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Softy31
Both.
Is that not a standard procedure?
You know how you ninja jump on someone so they fall on the floor, become immobile - and then you cuddle with them gently out of sympathy?

Okay :colone: next time we meet if you don't see me coming I will :jumphug: you from behind :wink:
Just kidding :tongue:
cheese

Quick Reply