Kenneth Clarke and Harriet Harman your views? Watch

MostUncivilised
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rational Thinker)
Not true at all much criticism of Harman rightly comes from within the Labour party. Those crimes are concerning
By "crimes", you mean two driving offences.

The fact that she drove above the limit in a car on multiple occasions in some instances while holding a mobile phone, this indicates that she believes certain rules may not apply to her.
By "believes certain rules don't apply to her", you presumably mean "made an error of judgement which is not uncommon amongst people who drive"?
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by MostUncivilised)
How was it unnecessary? It was for use for her constituency website, which is well within the rules and actually entirely reasonable.
It is lavish, effective cameras can be bought at a more reasonable price than that.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rational Thinker)
It is lavish, effective cameras can be bought at a more reasonable price than that.
Err, what? A £120 camera? You do realise that's pretty much at the bottom end of the market?

If two driving offences and having bought one of the cheapest digital cameras for constituency purposes is all you've got on her, then your comparison to dictators leaves you looking very silly indeed.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
By "crimes", you mean two driving offences.

By "believes certain rules don't apply to her", you presumably mean "made an error of judgement which is not uncommon amongst people who drive"?
Not two from what I have read it is more like at least four. Two of these incidents were within the same year and one caused damage to another vehicle. Most people do not make that many "mistakes".
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Err, what? A £120 camera? You do realise that's pretty much at the bottom end of the market?

If two driving offences and having bought one of the cheapest digital cameras for constituency purposes is all you've got on her, then your comparison to dictators leaves you looking very silly indeed.
It is not the bottom end of the market. Now I am aware that you have avoided my question as to whether Harman proposed he order to attempt to gag the press in reporting expenses, I have not seen anything to contradict the idea that Harman was responsible for the proposed bill, do you have any evidence for your claim that Harman was not the authority behind it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (100)
18.8%
The paper was reasonable (271)
50.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
19.74%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.53%

Watched Threads