Turn on thread page Beta

More 'masculine'/alpha girls, what are your tastes? watch

Announcements

(Original post by xaki90s cousin)
    Nah, your mistaking it for one of your threads.
    huehuehue

(Original post by ct2k7)
    I don't believe in love at first sight, I believe in attraction at first sites but given that we've "seen" each other multiple times, it's love.

please post again :sexface:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    But seriously polarity, is there any threads where you actually post a helpful reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Well obviously masculine covers a huge number of traits and it's possible to be masculine in some ways and not in other ways.

I thought you were going to devolve the thread into a discussion on gender roles, societal expectations and the like :rolleyes:
    Also, what I'm trying to say is that: take me for example; I lift weights nearly every day of the week, I participate in competitions such as tough mudder nearly every year, I wrestle at least twice a week. Yet, when most people see me, they will see me as a short guy with a weak voice an a whole host of other imperfections. Yeah, I'm also somewhat hot headed, less in touch my with emotions and very practically focussed.

Where does one distinguish between masculinity and not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :sexface:
    woof

Am I missing something is this a thread for men that like masculine men... Polarity and ct2k7 flirting outrageously... golly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    Also, what I'm trying to say is that: take me for example; I lift weights nearly every day of the week, I participate in competitions such as tough mudder nearly every year, I wrestle at least twice a week. Yet, when most people see me, they will see me as a short guy with a weak voice an a whole host of other imperfections. Yeah, I'm also somewhat hot headed, less in touch my with emotions and very practically focussed.

Where does one distinguish between masculinity and not?
    When using masculine as an absolute term, I think most people would use the way you carry yourself, the "air" - things more immediate.

But actually being masculine, rather than being perceived as masculine, is more complex as you know.

ReputationRep:
    When using masculine as an absolute term, I think most people would use the way you carry yourself, the "air" - things more immediate.

But actually being masculine, rather than being perceived as masculine, is more complex as you know.
    One masculine trait is the ownership of a penis :P

But yes, being sturdy is seen as a masculine thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzykinks)
    I don't know if I have any helpful stuff but I guess I'm 'masculine' in some aspects. I'm curvy but thin, I lift at the gym and I love all sport. People often say I'm a guy in a girl's body. As for sex, I like s&m, have an extremely high sex drive and don't get emotionally attached.
    :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Could be any stereotypically manly trait from liking whiskey to lifting weights.

It's very obvious what she meant regardless of whether she used the term right...
    Whiskey is a man thing?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind girls who are confident... I like it when they can hold their own in conversation and don't need everything doing for them. I guess it works both ways really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Polarity and ct2k7 flirting outrageously... golly
    yeah, that's us :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yepyepyep)
    Whiskey is a man thing?!
    I've never heard of a girl who likes whiskey beyond JD and coke.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever Jessica Ennis wants, I can become.

(Original post by xaki90s cousin)
    But seriously polarity, is there any threads where you actually post a helpful reply?
    later hater

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm pretty masculine, maybe a tomboy is a better word. i'm not really girly in my mannerisms or in the way i talk? idk :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.