Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    not particularly. my husband and myself survived without any help other than student finance and overdraft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did you study if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    If your parents earn over £20k SFE assume/expect them to give you money to help with living costs. But in reality they can't/won't always give you money so you might need to get a job, some people do this whilst at 6th form, others take a gpa year to get a fulltime job and other work while at uni. My parents earn ~£35k in total and I get enough off SFE to live off without getting a job or much help from my family.

its borderline possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    what did you study if you dont mind me asking
    I'm in my final year of mddia studies and my husband graduated with a computer engineering degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    I'm in my final year of mddia studies and my husband graduated with a computer engineering degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
    coool

ReputationRep:
    Today was actually the last day id take money from my parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm having this worry. My dad earns 45 a year and I've never looked at him and thought you should be helping me through university. I have really good grades from college yet I've found only one scholarship from all the unis that interest me I'm actually entitled to. My parents have enough to pay out for let alone pay out for me. Grants I can understand government can't give money to everyone but scholarships should be based on academic only!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by narissaa)
    I'm having this worry. My dad earns 45 a year and I've never looked at him and thought you should be helping me through university. I have really good grades from college yet I've found only one scholarship from all the unis that interest me I'm actually entitled to. My parents have enough to pay out for let alone pay out for me. Grants I can understand government can't give money to everyone but scholarships should be based on academic only!
    Scholarships aren't based on income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Scholarships aren't based on income.
    Not all, but a majority are. Income has to be under 25,000

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.