Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to contribute some pieces if it got up ad running. I think it's a great idea and we may as well give it a go if a few of us are willing to write pieces for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will95206)
    This sounds good, perhaps we could when it is up and running to get Ad Hoc to advertise our first issues to get the word out of the MUN and into the HofC which will help increase our readership of it. This would also help with getting a link between the MHofC and the MUN!
    Yes, that's a excellent thought. Thanks.

(Original post by alexgr97)
    Name could be 'Something (obviously have something instead of something) MUNthly'. It would only make sense if we did one once a month though
    That's a great name! Love it! Do we need something in front of it or would be okay on its own?

Doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, I hope for it to be monthly so hopefully we fulfill that...

(Original post by Superunknown17)
    I'd be happy to contribute some pieces if it got up ad running. I think it's a great idea and we may as well give it a go if a few of us are willing to write pieces for it
    Great stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    That's a great name! Love it! Do we need something in front of it or would be okay on its own?
    It's up to you, I don't think MUNthly works as well on its own as Ad HOC does but it still has a ring to it.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you, I don't think MUNthly works as well on its own as Ad HOC does but it still has a ring to it.
    Much agreed, has a ring but we should still think of other names!

ReputationRep:

Much agreed, has a ring but we should still think of other names!
    Ok, another name in front of it might be good then.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'll get my thinking cap on!

ReputationRep:
    Made a start on designing the layout of MUNthly... let me know what you think!

Name:  munthly1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  36.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)

Looks smart and professional!

Although we might want to introduce another colour to prevent it from be dominated by blue and white!

ReputationRep:
    Looks smart and professional!

Although we might want to introduce another colour to prevent it from be dominated by blue and white!
    Thanks!

Fair comment, any suggestions on what colour it could be?

ReputationRep:
    Do a MUNthly one, I would do the odd short column!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)

Looks great Rory, I think the blue is good especially the use of light blue, I was thinking we should have stuff like...
    A word from the SG
    Interviews from the DSG with other countries
    A round up of recent elections with some commentary.
    Use the Security Council members maybe interviews ect
    A few columns on recent issues ect...

ReputationRep:
    Also

Regularly:

-MUN member of the month
    -A who's who (SG,DSG and the whole of the SC like Ad Hoc)

Current One:

-Philippines appeal
    -Middle East Report (perhaps even have a columnist who doe sit)

Off the top of my head those are a few ideas but also Henry_Tudors one are also good ones as well.

ReputationRep:
    Also

Regularly:

-MUN member of the month

Current One:

-Philippines appeal

Off the top of my head those are a few ideas but also Henry_Tudors one are also good ones as well.
    Good ideas!

but I feel my idea of a word from the SG and DSG-should be called

'from the headmaster' and the 'Deputy Head' like in Private Eye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry_Tudor)
    Good ideas!

but I feel my idea of a word from the SG and DSG-should be called

'from the headmaster' and the 'Deputy Head' like in Private Eye
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Also on Polls have bar charts/pie charts with analysis on the results-especially the DSG election! Do you reckon we could have our first one done by Dec 20th and we can include the whole of Dec and the end of Nov-seeing as it is our first Munthly?

ReputationRep:
    What about people's opinions on global/national political issues?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'll be very pleased to see this idea go ahead, it's one thing I never got round to introducing when SG.

ReputationRep:
    Looks great Rory, I think the blue is good especially the use of light blue, I was thinking we should have stuff like...
    A word from the SG
    Interviews from the DSG with other countries
    A round up of recent elections with some commentary.
    Use the Security Council members maybe interviews ect
    A few columns on recent issues ect...

Also

Regularly:

-MUN member of the month

Current One:

-Philippines appeal

Also on Polls have bar charts/pie charts with analysis on the results-especially the DSG election! Do you reckon we could have our first one done by Dec 20th and we can include the whole of Dec and the end of Nov-seeing as it is our first Munthly?
    Great ideas folks!

I'm thinking of getting the basic structure completed and a template made so I don't end up doing all the boxes etc every time I want to create an issue then I'll think about asking for submissions and getting a structure in place.

Thats a good target to set ourselves yeah, lets hope to have the issue about by 20th December... before Christmas at least including stuff from November & beginning of December.

ReputationRep:
    Discussions are now moved to this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2524532

Thanks!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.