The Student Room Group

TV Presenter causes outrage after she poses with the lion she has just killed.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hatsuko
i mean lions are classified as vulnerable

But if she wasn't given the option of using a rifle, she'd find it much harder to kill a lion. That's the point I'm making.

Killing a lion isn't a problem in my eyes as long as it was a true battle of domination, instead of the lion being wheeled along in a crate, putting the gun to the side and pulling the trigger.
Reply 21
Original post by Architecture-er
But if she wasn't given the option of using a rifle, she'd find it much harder to kill a lion. That's the point I'm making.

Killing a lion isn't a problem in my eyes as long as it was a true battle of domination, instead of the lion being wheeled along in a crate, putting the gun to the side and pulling the trigger.

id love to see her face get shredded aha
Reply 22
It's a disgrace. People like her should be punished, a few years in prison or a nice heafty fine. Killing animals is only justified if it's for food or self defense.
Considering that lions are on the rapid decrease, and classified by the IUCN as being 'Vulnerable' to extinction, and this heartless woman did it for fun, yes, I am outraged. I genuinely cannot fathom how someone can get pleasure out of killing an animal, especially when they have no intention of eating it. I am so fed up with people like this, who think it's okay to abuse and kill animals, especially the ones at risk from extinction, for entertainment. More to the point, she has nothing to be proud of- she used a gun, I'd like to see her try to take these lions down without a gun. This lion didn't have a chance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Soon all lions would become endangered.
Reply 25
Original post by Architecture-er
I wouldn't actually have a problem if she used 'manpower' weapons like a bow & arrow, spear, etc. Then it's animal vs animal.

Shooting an animal for a trophy with a high-powered rifle from god-knows how far away makes you a cowardly piece of ****. There's nothing to boast of, apart from your ability to shoot something from far away.

But how could you not have a problem with a fight ending in death. If she'd accidentally found herself in a lion enlosure and basically had to fight her way out of it then she could use a machine gun for all I care as it's self defense. This is cold-blooded masacre, going into a lion's territory and killing it for no reason is basically a stone's throw away from the dreadful acts of tyrants of past and present. I have come to think that if people like her who have no respect for life, be it animal or human, are given power and money then they'd be the world's next Gaddafi and Assad.
Reply 26
its so annoying when people call hunting a sport... Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game

I think she should be fed to a different lion. Preferably piece by piece while still alive.
Reply 28
Can't stand people like this, hunting for food is one thing (I don't get it but at least it has a purpose) but these animals died for nothing. I can't even see what she thinks she has achieved, using all that equipment and help takes all the skill and risk out of it. I can only guess she gets pleasure out of the act of killing which is sad. If she was willing to make it a fair fight I might have some respect for her but she is a coward as well as sadistic.
Original post by hatsuko
its so annoying when people call hunting a sport... Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game

Exactly. People like this are so self centred it's unbelievable. It's not sport- it's killing for the sake of killing, and lions are in a lot of trouble already, without selfish people like this contributing to their already rapid decline with the justification of 'sport'.
Reply 30
What a disgusting woman.
I understand hunting, I think its a very natural thing to do, to enjoy and to take pride in. That said, when you are hunting an animal such a lion which is not exactly on the look out for potential attackers, with a rifle so there is less of the skill involved, I don't think there is much sense in that, especially when the animal is already vulnerable in terms of numbers. I'd quite like to go dear hunting or something similar but a lion or a bear, I think I'd just feel guilty. That said I think the outrage is misplaced, it should be at the South African government, why is she legally allowed to hunt an vulnerable animal for sport?
I want to let loose on TV for 30 seconds to see how much outrage I can cause.

****ing pathetic what we can't do anymore at the risk of hurting some butt hurt liberal feelings temporarily
Original post by Rational Thinker
I think she should be fed to a different lion. Preferably piece by piece while still alive.

Can't wait to sleep tonight.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConsiderScience
Can't wait to sleep tonight.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or we could put her in a lion pen and time how quickly it takes for them to devour her. It could be educational?
Original post by Aoide
Can't stand people like this, hunting for food is one thing (I don't get it but at least it has a purpose) but these animals died for nothing. I can't even see what she thinks she has achieved, using all that equipment and help takes all the skill and risk out of it. I can only guess she gets pleasure out of the act of killing which is sad. If she was willing to make it a fair fight I might have some respect for her but she is a coward as well as sadistic.

How about let us take away all the equipment away from her?
Original post by Rational Thinker
Or we could put her in a lion pen and time how quickly it takes for them to devour her. It could be educational?

Lol.

Yeah I'm sure it could be shown in schools. Primary school kids would love to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sick,twisted bitch. Hope she goes to hell. Why kill an animal when its not even for survival? Why kill an animal when its just so it looks pretty on your long list of achievements? There's no way in hell I'd call that an achievement. I'd call it murdering and that's what this big headed bitch has done. I completely agree what Ricky Gervais said on twitter about her tweet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ConsiderScience
Lol.

Yeah I'm sure it could be shown in schools. Primary school kids would love to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Useful for biology lessons "and this right there is the jugular vein, note how the woman is suffering from massive outflow as a result of the Lion tearing it". Also good for animal physcology "Look how the Lion carefully conceals the womans corpse from the other lions so they can eat it later". This could be the exact thing that gets people to renew their thirst for science.

I agree with the guy who commented "What a hunt!" and then apologised for the typo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending