Jack Wilshere names his top 3 goalkeepers in the premier league Watch

little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guzan deserves credit - he's definitely up there. The standard of goalkeeping in the league is fantastic. Add Jaaskelainen and Guzan to Zurich's list, then keepers like Foster, Marshall and Vorm are all very good too.

Based on the number of mistakes Cech and Hart make, I don't think they deserve to be top 3.
This Honest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Obviously jack would say scezney and Hart for obvious reasons loool.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Difficult to listen to his top three as the first two are completely biased choices. It would have been refreshing had he not avoided bias but probably was scared as to not get heat from the press and stories made from it.

1. De Gea
1. Lloris
(Hard to split those two)
2. Scezney
3. Cech
The Assassin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Difficult to listen to his top three as the first two are completely biased choices. It would have been refreshing had he not avoided bias but probably was scared as to not get heat from the press and stories made from it.

1. De Gea
1. Lloris
(Hard to split those two)
2. Scezney
3. Cech
Why do you believe Chesney is better than Cech...? Not even close to be honest.

Unbelievable.
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Funny how underrated Cech is...
The Assassin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
Guzan deserves credit - he's definitely up there. The standard of goalkeeping in the league is fantastic. Add Jaaskelainen and Guzan to Zurich's list, then keepers like Foster, Marshall and Vorm are all very good too.

Based on the number of mistakes Cech and Hart make, I don't think they deserve to be top 3.
What utter drivel.

Please point out the 'number of mistakes' Cech has made recently. And you're comparing him to Hart as well?

This is ridiculous. :lol:
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guzan lloris Howard
username948920
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lloris
Begovic/ Cech
Krul
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Assassin)
Why do you believe Chesney is better than Cech? Chensey is nowhere near his level.

Unbelievable.
Firstly, I'm assuming Wilshere's tweet was regarding the top three keepers atm rather than overall which would make his tweet ludicrous if it was the latter.

At the moment, I think Sczesney has performed alot better this season (considering Arsenal were linked with potentially getting another keeper) and Cech is not the same keeper he was a few years but still fairly reliable. He made an error for the Aguero goal and I think keeping errors can also be attributed to a lack of stability in front of them. Sczesney has had Koscielney/Mertersacker in front whilst Cech hasn't had consistency in front of them.

I wasn't saying Sczesney was near Cech's level but that I feel he's done better this season so far ahead of Cech. It could change if the question is asked at the end of the season.
Machop
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
De Gea always cracks me up. If he played for ANYONE else he wouldn't make the top 10 of a list like this, he has no physicality, he is not a dominant keeper, yes he is improving but right now, no. He IS a great shot stopper but he is not a better shot stopper than Mingolet.

Mingolet and Krul are both better than De Ge and Szcezney although the latter is having a great season.
Finally, someone talks sense about De Gea. People assume just because he cost 18m and plays for man utd, he must be world class. He may produce some great saves from time to time but is pretty pathetic at dealing with crosses and corners which was especially the case in his first few seasons.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What utter drivel.

Please point out the 'number of mistakes' Cech has made recently. And you're comparing him to Hart as well?

This is ridiculous. :lol:
I didn't compare him to Hart - I said they both make too many mistakes to be in the top 3. :rolleyes:

Well he made 2 last weekend that lead to goals for a start.
The Assassin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Firstly, I'm assuming Wilshere's tweet was regarding the top three keepers atm rather than overall which would make his tweet ludicrous if it was the latter.

At the moment, I think Sczesney has performed alot better this season (considering Arsenal were linked with potentially getting another keeper) and Cech is not the same keeper he was a few years but still fairly reliable. He made an error for the Aguero goal and I think keeping errors can also be attributed to a lack of stability in front of them. Sczesney has had Koscielney/Mertersacker in front whilst Cech hasn't had consistency in front of them.

I wasn't saying Sczesney was near Cech's level but that I feel he's done better this season so far ahead of Cech. It could change if the question is asked at the end of the season.
Fair play to the first sentence + instability comment. Although then I wouldn't put De Gea first.

How long is a few years though? Since '06? Cech's reflexes have saved our ass on more than one occasion this season -- vs Munich, vs Shalcke 04, Norwich to name some. Along with Drogba he we was the most important during our CL win and always stepped up to an unbelievable ability when the games really meant something.

It's like people forget the other games where he performs brilliantly. Jaaskelainen made a mistake for West Ham vs Norwich which went largely unnoticed. Keepers, like outfield players, are allowed to make mistakes. Cech really doesn't make mistakes to the numbers that other people claim he does, and he has been one of our most inform players in the last 3 or 4 seasons -- and was our player of the season in '11. This is Cech's 10th season at the club, you couldn't find another goalkeeper who has made less howlers than him in that time.

Nah, still -- underrated keeper Cech is.

(Original post by little_wizard123)
I didn't compare him to Hart - I said they both make too many mistakes to be in the top 3. :rolleyes:

Well he made 2 last weekend that lead to goals for a start.
The first goal was because Terry/Cahill couldn't manage to head the ball away before the WB albion player hit -- just a bit before that he made a very good save to keep it out. Not sure what you expected him to do there.

I received the implication from your post that, despite him being a top class keeper, Cech makes numerous mistakes to the extent that he isn't worthy of being in the top 3 -- also mentioning Hart in that sentence where, he makes a lot of mistakes to a similar extent that keeps him out of the top 3 (which I can understand moreso, since he's good great ability but makes a ****load, but not at all with Cech).

You're not comparing the level of his mistakes to Hart then? How far would you put 'em apart?
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The first two certainly don't belong there although it's understandable why the cokehead would list Scz as first (and probs Hart as second).

1) De Gea
2) Cech (as hard as it is I rate De Gea slightly higher)
3) Lloris
Times like these were I wish the neg button was still here.
lucas13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The first two certainly don't belong there although it's understandable why the cokehead would list Scz as first (and probs Hart as second).

1) De Gea
2) Cech (as hard as it is I rate De Gea slightly higher)
3) Lloris
come on de gea has a massive problem with the high ball so you cant consider him the best, hes a great saver though, cech was good but past his best now. id say hart is still right up there but hes just not got confidence at the moment
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cech, Lloris and De Gea in any order really. Mignolet/Begovic for 4th/5th.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yawn-er)
Funny how underrated Cech is...
I think he is rated correctly now. He was a absolute monster in goal before his accident. He was never the same again. Don't get me wrong, he is a great keeper but 1) he's not as good as he used to be and 2) I think now there are a few keepers better in the prem now.
Straight up G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Begovic, Mignolet not really been mentioned? Odd.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sczesny will be better than De Gea in a few years time for sure, just needs to iron out the erratic decision making with experience. WS has the better combo of reactions and physicality.
hskjlclcn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All 'keepers in the league are of as high a standard as there has ever been before (Speroni is a top keeper and is arguably the weakest)

My 3 in the present day on song would be Cech, Lloris & Krul
elia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1. Guzan 2. Guzan 3. Guzan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise