Are the goverment trying to divide Muslims and Non Muslims against each other? Watch

Poll: Are the government/ mass media trying to divide Muslims/Non Muslims.
Yes they are? (State your case below) (4)
25%
No they are not. (State your case below) (11)
68.75%
Neutral (State your case below) (1)
6.25%
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The government has nothing to do with it, it's the muslims and non muslims alone who are hating on each other. It's all unnecessary and a waste of time but what are we going to do? The government didn't somehow set them against each other.
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the doctrine of multiculturalism has been very divisive in many ways, not least because it tells people that their differences, rather than their commonalities, are what define them. The government have encouraged this attitude of non-shared-culture but they are not the ones to blame. The government's attitude largely reflects the attitude of the loudest members of society, and unfortunately the loudest members of society have been people who think Muslims are some kind of "different people" who are "not like us" and don't share "our values". Well, Islamists certainly don't share our values, but Islamists should never be held to be the people who represent Muslim people, and this has fuelled resentment and the rise of movements such as the EDL, which go to the opposite extreme. I think that we should be frank in our discourse about what Islam actually is, and have an honest discussion about it and why we won't tolerate it having any political clout. For the most part, people are afraid to talk about Islam and that alienates both Muslims and non-Muslims I would have thought.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What makes you think the Government has this kind of control over the populace?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (133)
43.75%
Not feeling great about that exam... (54)
17.76%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
16.45%

Watched Threads