Turn on thread page Beta

crazy A2 predictions/No extenuating circumstances/should I retake the year? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemesis inferno)
    If i apply to unis now, and ace my exams in the summer,... presumably i would want to apply to better unis?... wouldn't the unis think im taking the mic so second time i apply they will reject/not give me an offer whe i use them for insurance?

with my current AS grades i cant really apply to uni's i considered before/ ones i would want to go to...
    So I would say you have two options.

1. Go through clearing or adjustment

2. Apply next year with confirmed A Level grades

Depends if you just want to go to any uni or if you want to go to a better uni which you feel is in your grasp but not atm but you will get there by doing better in summer.

ReputationRep:
    No offence but I doubt those predictions will be taken seriously.

For Oxbridge/Imperial, your best best is to apply post A-levels and get A*A*A in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Omg no don't retake the year! Your AS grades aren't horrific, some people I know are carrying onto a2 with three D's at AS. Imo you should continue with maths, physics and chem since yyou've achieved the best grades in them. Retake an exam in the subject you got a C in to try and achieve an overall AS grade of a B, then just revise your ass off and get those A's for your A2. I'd also recommend putting ucas off this year and taking a gap year, that way you can take the full further maths alevel and get some relative work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The reason why predicted grades are flawed

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.