The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Programme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck everyone! Do tell us if you get a place! Is there an interview? Or if you're accepted, you're accepted? I'm in yr11 atm but I've known about this programme for a year now :0
Reply 21
I've applied but more for the sake of it as opposed to weighty expectations of being successful. Its worth a punt atleast.

Original post by hedwig8
Good luck everyone! Do tell us if you get a place! Is there an interview? Or if you're accepted, you're accepted? I'm in yr11 atm but I've known about this programme for a year now :0

No interview however after you submit your applications they then select the best applicants. From that these applicants are invited to a pre-admissions test. The top 150 (I think) are then properly on the scheme and are the guys and girls that will be heading off to the US in the summer
Is anyone else experiencing problems with logging on to the application?!! I haven't submitted it yet because I wanted to read it over, but now it says that they're experiencing extremely high demand. Ahhhh! This is stressing me out!
Reply 23
yea there is too much traffic to the site and it crashed. dw though cos is due tommorow at noon. so you should have a little more time tommorow
Reply 24
yeah i've left it a bit late- hopefully the site will be back up in the morning, and I'll fill in the application then
Original post by mariyah97
yeah i've left it a bit late- hopefully the site will be back up in the morning, and I'll fill in the application then

Guys don't fret, I sent an email and it seems the deadline has been extended for students till the 27th of January at noon, which indeed is the deadline for references also!

Peace out.
Hi everyone, just to let you know due to technical difficulties with the online application, we have extended the Sutton Trust US Programme deadline to noon on Monday, 27 January. http://www.fulbright.org.uk/news-events/fulbright-fairs/show/id/263
Original post by US-UK Fulbright Commission
Hi everyone, just to let you know due to technical difficulties with the online application, we have extended the Sutton Trust US Programme deadline to noon on Monday, 27 January. http://www.fulbright.org.uk/news-events/fulbright-fairs/show/id/263

I managed to get it to work again at about midnight. I have submitted my application, but it's good to know that others have the extended deadline. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
is there a stalking page for this year US programme?
Reply 29
Original post by sagarvas
is there a stalking page for this year US programme?

Haha that would be cool! But no I think that this is the only thread on this topic atm? You applying too?
Does anyone know the figures for how many people apply to the Sutton Trust US Programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm Sophie and I was a participant on the Sutton Trust US Programme 2013. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and I'm delighted you are applying :smile:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Does anyone know the figures for how many people apply to the Sutton Trust US Programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roughly 1200 people applied last year :smile:
Reply 33
I applied for the program too. It looks too good to miss.
Does anyone know the maximum number of people who can go on the residential?
Original post by Ilak01
I applied for the program too. It looks too good to miss.
Does anyone know the maximum number of people who can go on the residential?

The number they take is 175, with 25 on a reserves' list. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuttonTrust_2013
Hi everyone,

I'm Sophie and I was a participant on the Sutton Trust US Programme 2013. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and I'm delighted you are applying :smile:

Are you studying in America next session?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Are you studying in America next session?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Results for regular decision applications are usually posted in late March. 33 of our cohort were successful with early applications and have places at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Dartmouth and many other amazing institutions!
(edited 10 years ago)
What do you think strengthened your application, Sophie?

Seems like I'm not still done :/
A strong academic record is vital but your extracurriculars need to show passion and commitment. I think I focused on two or three things I enjoy doing instead of vaguely mentioning say ten. You should try to demonstrate leadership and impact. Have you had a positive impact in your school/local community? Definitely don't make anything up but if your extracurriculars are impressive you can't afford to be modest! It sounds so cliche but be yourself because when you're passionate about something your personality will really come out. Don't worry too much about it. The fact that you're applying means you're obviously dedicated and determined to achieve :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by SuttonTrust_2013
Hi everyone,

If one's application is successful, and the applicant gets into an american university will Sutton Trust completely cover university fees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending