The Student Room Group

What would you consider to be good A-level results?

Scroll to see replies

AAA opens some doors
Reply 21
Original post by PeaceTreaty
I doubt you could do much with straight Cs at A Level.

Anything lower than C is useless in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
Anything lower than C is useless in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if anything lower than a C is useless why do you think a C is good? A B could be considered good at a stretch.
Original post by Gibber96
Silly question. Depends who you are. Virtually no one would be disappointed with AAA, no matter who they are, so they cannot be considered bad. Some people would be ecstatic with ABB or BBB, some would be disappointed with AAA. It depends on your own expectations.

Sorry, AAA would be a disaster.
Reply 24
Original post by felamaslen

I'm not sure exactly which point of mine you are disagreeing with. I said virtually no one. And why, exactly, would AAA be such a disaster for you?
Reply 25
Overall? AAAA
Personally? BBC
Reply 26
Original post by felamaslen

And why would AAA be a disaster exactly?
Reply 27
Original post by summer26
No A*s. With grade inflation, A* is the new A.
Original post by Namige

So? Who really cares? A levels are just a means to an end
Reply 29
Original post by Namige

there's grade inflation? Even when they've made the exam boards tougher?? Christ
Good A-level results are results which enable you to apply to the university and degree you want to.
Reply 31

Original post by Gibber96
I'm not sure exactly which point of mine you are disagreeing with. I said virtually no one. And why, exactly, would AAA be such a disaster for you?

Tbh id be pretty disappointed with aaaa, considering my probable firm choices are A*A*A or A*AA. also personally, i feel i am easily capable of 4 A*s, i know that sounds arrogant but thats honestly how i feel so i would be disappointed if i didnt achieve what i thought i was capable of.

To each their own. Im sure i suck at something (many things probably) that you guys excel at.
Reply 32
It depends from person to person. I'd say CCC was better than A*A*A* if the person who got CCC worked their ass off while the other did nothing
Reply 33
Original post by IceKidd
Tbh id be pretty disappointed with aaaa, considering my probable firm choices are A*A*A or A*AA. also personally, i feel i am easily capable of 4 A*s, i know that sounds arrogant but thats honestly how i feel so i would be disappointed if i didnt achieve what i thought i was capable of.

To each their own. Im sure i suck at something (many things probably) that you guys excel at.

Yeah I guess everyone's got different capabilities, as for me, I know AAA is out of my league, let alone A*s
Reply 34
Original post by PeaceTreaty
Well if anything lower than a C is useless why do you think a C is good? A B could be considered good at a stretch.

Good is a generic term Einstein. I also said in my opinion. DEU are not good grades. C in maths physics biology still good. I also meant if three grades lower than c for example DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
A*AA
Reply 36
Original post by hatsuko
It depends from person to person. I'd say CCC was better than A*A*A* if the person who got CCC worked their ass off while the other did nothing

i dono...if the other did nothing, that shows their fairly bright and efficient in terms of picking everything up in class. i got 5 A's in AS with fairly minimal effort tbh. Whats the point in working your butt off to get the same grades that you would get with a decent amount of work

I wouldn't get in to my preferred or my insurance university.
Anything above BBB is a good achievement. It depends on the subjects of course. I went to an average school and an average college and I am one of only about 15 people from my year to go to a Russell Group uni (out of 260) so my AAB is actually fantastic considering.
Original post by qr95
Good is a generic term Einstein. I also said in my opinion. DEU are not good grades. C in maths physics biology still good. I also meant if three grades lower than c for example DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm, great, good and bad are all generic words, what are you talking about Einstein? I think the word you're looking for is okay/not bad, not good since good is a positive word, ****.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest