What do you think of euthanasia? Watch

buchanan700
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ąямєиίєζ)
I agree with you but I think it should also be allowed in some cases where death is not definite. For example, locked-in syndrome sufferers should have the right to die, in my opinion.Where there is a poor quality of life that cannot be resolved, it should be offered as an available option.
This, and the person you quoted. Forcing people to live when they are stuck forever in a quality of life that we could never imagine, is imho selfish on our (as a society's) part. Watching that man in the wheelchair a little while ago was just heartbreaking and couldn't be a better example.

If I am ever terminally ill to the point where I can't think or eat, move or even wipe myself then I think I would like the dignity of choosing when I go. Isn't stringing out people's lives to that point so much more unnatural?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a massive supporter of it.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The day anyone tells me they have the right to force me to live is the day I punch someone in the face.

I am the only one who chooses whether I live or die, no one else.
I have always said, if I ever get to the point where I can't wipe my own ass, put a gun to my head a blow my ****** head off!
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Its is totally unacceptable. God chooses when we die.
Who are you to say that?
Ąямєиίєζ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
its gr8 init
Do you want some beef?!
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Its is totally unacceptable. God chooses when we die.
Why does God chose when we die, God didn't give me life, my parents did and even they don't tell me whether to live or die.
Your life is YOURS and yours alone, you can do what you want with it and anyone who tells you otherwise is either a liar, a fool or just damn right stupid.
-=|Jay|=-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I support euthanasia.

Deciding if you want to die or not is your prerogative.

If you have given someone else the power to decide, so be it.

If you are in a vegetative state with no chance of recovery, so be it.
Gjaykay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hah I remember posting about being pro-euthanasia a long time ago and getting my arse chewed for it on here ><

Of course people should choose if they want to die. It's their life, if they get injured or ill and don't want to suffer, it should be up to them.

One thing I've thought about when researching this though, is the limits. And by that I mean, yeah terminal illness, comas, vegetative states, locked-in ect people would understand and realise you want dignity in death instead of suffering. But what about the lower limits? How sick would you have to be for it not to be considered understandable?
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you want some beef?!
nah but that also tastes gd init
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think we will need it in the future but then shortly after that we won't need it anymore. The number of elderly will rise sharply in the near future then fall sharply a very short time after that. Beyond that, very few people if any will survive until old age.
Plainview
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone should have the right to opt out of society, and also life itself.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm for it, always have been. I don't know many people who are against it and those few I do know who are against it, their reason is always "because only 'God' can take away life". That seems to be the text book answer.
Ąямєиίєζ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
nah but that also tastes gd init
there's just no stopping you is there? :P
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there's just no stopping you is there? :P
nah m8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.57%
The paper was reasonable (525)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed