Would you sacrifice your career over a relationship? Watch

Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
Why don't you cut me up as you please? :sexface:

Ooh baby.

Would a butter knife and my left sock suffice as big chopping things?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
'Money over everything' as they say in South-East London.
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
Ooh baby.

Would a butter knife and my left sock suffice as big chopping things?
Without a doubt.
Make it artistic now :nothing:
And don't worry about the blood
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Without a doubt.
Make it artistic now :nothing:
And don't worry about the blood

Oh, don't worry, I'm as artistic as you can get. I've already started carving a template for a mariachi band which I was hoping to place on the groin to symbolise just how wild things can get.

I was hoping to keep the blood for another time. :sexface:
NidaJaffri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never. Just like, bros before hoes - work before lurve. Relationships come and go, you really only have one career. Work and promotion opportunities are rare - seize it.
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
mariachi band
I am genuinely terrified of googling this :afraid:

I was hoping to keep the blood for another time. :sexface:
Waiting to use my blood next Samhain, is it? :afraid:
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends how much I loved them.
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am genuinely terrified of googling this :afraid:

Waiting to use my blood next Samhain, is it? :afraid:

I could always use your placenta.
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I could always use your placenta.
Oh sure, here you go
*hands over*
bazookabrad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tough one...

Real Love vs Dream Job Abroad...

Right now, I'd have to say I would put my earphones in, take a deep breath and get on the plane, devastated.

But I've been in love, so if I was ever in the situation, I know in myself that is is entirely possible I would miss-out on the job and be with her,

I wouldn't know until I was standing in departures being called onto the plane.
theguv92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do people keep oversimplifying it and saying things like 'if they loved me they'd come with me'? If you loved them you'd stay surely by that logic?
Kazbian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it was a choice between a dream job and my partner, I'd choose my partner.
If it was a choice between my entire career and my partner, I'd choose my career.
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh sure, here you go
*hands over*

Thanks, I'll just put it in my pocket. May I shove it in your earhole next Tuesday?
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
May I shove it in your earhole next Tuesday?
Oh purleeze, stop reusing my chat-up lines :facepalm:

Spoiler:
Show
Yes, please do
theorangebox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would take the job.

But damnit, I'd fight tooth and nail to get my boyfriend to come with me. Or, failing that, to make it work long distance for at least a while. (I've never wanted to move away forever anyway.) I genuinely think he's the man I want to marry, so I wouldn't just give up like that. We'd make it work.
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I was deeply in love, I would be happy regardless of the state of my career.
But if it was just a normal relationship, I'd probably take the job.
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh purleeze, stop reusing my chat-up lines :facepalm:

Spoiler:
Show
Yes, please do

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please remember to take all your belongings with you when getting off the train.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PC2852)
Say, you get offered your dream job and it's in your dream city or dream country but your gf/bf doesn't want to move. What would you do?
Hey . I'm 23 and moving abroad for 1 year to study and work soon. My plan is to fall in love and marry someone there hopefully then move there forever... I'd been planning to go for ages but kept delaying it, so don't want to wait any longer. The only thing that'd keep me here is if I lived in a decent area mainly, also if I had a bf. I haven't had a relationship as I'm fussy and don't want to settle for less here, I've been settling for less with work and it still hasn't reached a career so I waiting to see if it did go far but clearly hasn't. That's why it is at a point now where I can't wait to start life abroad. I wouldn't be going if I fell in love with Mr Right here but I just haven't met him yet as I need someone smart, atleast quite attractive, atleast average earnings, very nice, mature but fun and sociable who I can go partying with but who is still helping me further myself and is motivationally inspiring. I'd have too much regret on how a LDR would otherwise work and what I'd miss out on living abroad a whole year and having someone waiting for me, I don't know if it'd be good or bad, it'd only be good if it works well and LDR is do-able and someone where we can both wait for eachother. My chances are slim though in my area and I doubt I'd meet someone before I leave to go there, it'd surprise me if I do hence why I've just been waiting to go...
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Also, as terrible as this sounds, my career has always come before any man. I live in a chavvy dump of a town, I have to focus on studying as much as I possibly can. I'm not like the other Asian girls and would never get married asap as soon as my studies are done without even having a proper job. These other girls who marry asap and want to have kids and **** probably think I have a career as they do part-time retail sales or some equally **** job. I'd never think I'm on a career unless at the point where I can afford to get married and start sending kids to private school and to raise them in a decent area. Dunno maybe as I know to myself that I won't meet Mr Right if I'm no Miss Right, I have to work hard to meet the right person and be good enough for eachother, don't just want to settle for less.
darius12345
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed