Can certain Islamophobia be ok? Watch

Poll: Is certain Islamophobia ok?
Yes (10)
31.25%
No (21)
65.63%
I'm going to be an idiot, ignore the question, and post pro-Allah comments (0)
0%
I'm going to be an idiot, ignore the question, and post anti-Muslim comments (1)
3.13%
LilacLily
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
Yep although it's hard, apparently. Incidence of racism increased after the increased coverage of Islamic terror attacks on the media too, which was probably the worst for me. Had neighbours who we were fine with who insulted us.

That's just pathetic. Dr. Kallam is a great man. Leave it to the world's biggest hypocrites and terrorists to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a word for being discriminated based on religion??
The media just makes everything look worse than it is. I'm not saying that there aren't Muslims who kill innocent people I'm just saying that the media makes every Muslim look evil which simply is not true. It actually works both ways. The media in Muslim countries only focus on non-Muslims committing awful acts against Muslims so they think all non-Muslims are evil. Aaah the media. I guess it's not going to change either because boring stories of people living together peacefully will not get big ratings. People who actually know all sorts of people have a more balanced view.
Sorry for just going on and on.
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LilacLily)
Is there a word for being discriminated based on religion??
The media just makes everything look worse than it is. I'm not saying that there aren't Muslims who kill innocent people I'm just saying that the media makes every Muslim look evil which simply is not true. It actually works both ways. The media in Muslim countries only focus on non-Muslims committing awful acts against Muslims so they think all non-Muslims are evil. Aaah the media. I guess it's not going to change either because boring stories of people living together peacefully will not get big ratings. People who actually know all sorts of people have a more balanced view.
Sorry for just going on and on.
I agree hugely. The media perpetuate the hate massively. But there is a degree of responsibility on the Muslim community in the UK who often deny problems in their community (like holocaust deniers), deny extremism exists. Non Muslims can't eradicate this either. It's a shame. There is blame on both sides.

But the argument lots of Muslims put forward that all religion shave extremists is a bit boring. I mean, relatively speaking, Islam is currently the most violent religion. Not to say it couldn't be Hinduism in another 20 years, but it isn't. It could also be Buddhism, which it is currently in Burma. I just think people need to be a lot more HONEST with themselves and more critical of their own practices and communities. Including the British/Europran practice of scapegoating when times are bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freier._.lance
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
I agree hugely. The media perpetuate the hate massively. But there is a degree of responsibility on the Muslim community in the UK who often deny problems in their community (like holocaust deniers), deny extremism exists. Non Muslims can't eradicate this either. It's a shame. There is blame on both sides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In our community. We all are part of the UK, so it is all of our problems, everyone's responsibility. Thinking that people in the UK are separated by race and culture is backward thinking, and it needs to be put to a stop.,
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Freier._.lance)
In our community. We all are part of the UK, so it is all of our problems, everyone's responsibility. Thinking that people in the UK are separated by race and culture is backward thinking, and it needs to be put to a stop.,
Another idealist who has no connection to reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alibabii
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
'they are a religion which has a jihad sect'

every religion has one

if you treat me like a bomber, why shouldnt i be one? four lions
lol
Freier._.lance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
Another idealist who has no connection to reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another guy on TSR who doesn't know how to argue so he resorts to name calling. I expected that sort of reply. Have fun living in your little bubble world .
DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
'they are a religion which has a jihad sect'<br />
<br />
every religion has one<br />
<br />
if you treat me like a bomber, why shouldnt i be one? four lions
I don't mean to big up certain religions, but with the exception of within war, have the Jews historically had what you would call a 'jihadist' or 'murderous' sect?
Obviously not including an actual battle e.g. against the Phillistines when the Jewish Kingdom existed originally according to the Old Testament.
alibabii
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)

But the argument lots of Muslims put forward that all religion shave extremists is a bit boring. I mean, relatively speaking, Islam is currently the most violent religion. Not to say it couldn't be Hinduism in another 20 years, but it isn't. It could also be Buddhism, which it is currently in Burma. I just think people need to be a lot more HONEST with themselves and more critical of their own practices and communities. Including the British/Europran practice of scapegoating when times are bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
saying that all religions have extremist may be boring but HONESTly it is true
extremism is alway there because people feel strongly in what they do, even if it is right or wrong
alibabii
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
I don't mean to big up certain religions, but with the exception of within war, have the Jews historically had what you would call a 'jihadist' or 'murderous' sect?
Obviously not including an actual battle e.g. against the Phillistines when the Jewish Kingdom existed originally according to the Old Testament.
did you forget what happened to Palestine and other Islamic countries?!?!?
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by alibabii)
did you forget what happened to Palestine and other Islamic countries?!?!?
<br />
<br />

You do know a United Nations legally set up the state of Israel?
And anything Israel did afterward was in order to defend their LEGAL state...?
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Another guy on TSR who doesn't know how to argue so he resorts to name calling. I expected that sort of reply. Have fun living in your little bubble world .
So you think a white British man could walk into an extremist Madrassa and ask them to suspend their activities and teachings? Believe me, it would be the Muslim community that could undo the damage and prevent it. If you aren't interested in learning the individual culture and dynamics of Islam and the parts of the world that most originate from, it would be easy to say that we should be one, tackle it as one etc. I agree that everyone has to be united against it, but you also have to acknowledge that the Muslim community are the best placed to eradicate it and truly are the only ones who can COMPLETELY eradicate it, which I think will happen in the future.
alibabii
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
<br />
<br />

You do know a United Nations legally set up the state of Israel?
And anything Israel did afterward was in order to defend their LEGAL state...?
Palestine was forced to become part of Israel, because Israel wanted their OIL
and all those Palestinians that suffered, it's really sad, what happened to them is disgusting
Freier._.lance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
So you think a white British man could walk into an extremist Madrassa and ask them to suspend their activities and teachings?
A white British man can also be a Muslim, they aren't mutually exclusive.

(Original post by Ggmu!)
So you think a white British man could walk into an extremist Madrassa and ask them to suspend their activities and teachings? Believe me, it would be the Muslim community that could undo the damage and prevent it. If you aren't interested in learning the individual culture and dynamics of Islam and the parts of the world that most originate from, it would be easy to say that we should be one, tackle it as one etc. I agree that everyone has to be united against it, but you also have to acknowledge that the Muslim community are the best placed to eradicate it and truly are the only ones who can COMPLETELY eradicate it, which I think will happen in the future.
I'm glad you agree. The way you phrased your original post, it almost seemed like the onus is only on Muslims to sort it out, and they somehow live in a separate ghetto to everyone else - Every so often an extremist would wonder out and blow up.

You are right however, Muslims are likely to have the greatest influence on eradicating it.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A white British man can also be a Muslim, they aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm glad you agree. The way you phrased your original post, it almost seemed like the onus is only on Muslims to sort it out, and they somehow live in a separate ghetto to everyone else - Every so often an extremist would wonder out and blow up.

You are right however, Muslims are likely to have the greatest influence on eradicating it.

Of course, but a majority of Muslims in this country are not white, nor are a majority of white British men Muslims. I understand Islam is a religion and crosses any colour, nationality etc. They're actually great at encouraging brotherhood.

I don't mean it in such a primitive way.

Definitely, we must work together and stand together but it has to be down to the Muslim community to carry a lot of the work. The very nature of Islam suggests to me that Muslims are by FAR the best placed to tackle extremism.

As I said, it will happen. One day, Islam will not be on the news and I'm completely sure of it.
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by alibabii)
Palestine was forced to become part of Israel, because Israel wanted their OIL
and all those Palestinians that suffered, it's really sad, what happened to them is disgusting
You HAVE to be kidding me; Israel is currently the world's 98th leading oil producer, accounting for less than 0.005% of the world's oil!!!
And you can't say the Jews intended to drill in the West Bank (which may contain a bit more oil), as they had no intention of taking the West Bank until they received it as spoils of war from the 1967 Six Day War initiated by not the Israelis, but the surrounding Arabic countries! The Israeli's still haven't drilled in the West Bank for oil either
Hardly motivated by oil...
ashraf549
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Islamophobia in the sense you do not agree with the Islamic Teachings. Fine. People are allowed to be phobia to anything. People can be anti-gay. Its peoples' opinion and you have to tolerate it. In this country we should live in peace and let people have whatever opinions. However, people must not cause hatred against any group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads