Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Identify the phone you'd be least upset to lose down a lavatory. Buy that.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Phoneblok.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest the LG G2. I just started uni and it's perfect. I have unlimited data, 2k texts and unlim minutes a month for £34, but you can get a cheaper one. I email and use youtube etc when I'm on the bus etc and the internet always works. It has a huge screen and battery life is really good. Have a google. Basically, it sounds like it was built to beat the galaxy s4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    what about the htc one?

also is the note 3 that big?
    Ive never had a htc but it looked and felt nice enough. The note is rediculously big my cousin has one and he physically has to carry it around. Id say pop into vodafone and see what student discount you can get on a galaxy S4 its about 37pm with unlimited everthing and free handset but i got it for 29pm with military discount.

The iphone is more expensive, smaller, tied to itunes, and has a ****ter cam than the galaxy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    I'd suggest the LG G2. I just started uni and it's perfect. I have unlimited data, 2k texts and unlim minutes a month for £34, but you can get a cheaper one. I email and use youtube etc when I'm on the bus etc and the internet always works. It has a huge screen and battery life is really good. Have a google. Basically, it sounds like it was built to beat the galaxy s4.
    the problem with the g2 is that its only 16gb

that is too small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Identify the phone you'd be least upset to lose down a lavatory. Buy that.
    The xperia z is waterproof to 10 meters and with if you fitted a piece of string to it you could easily winch it to safety if you dropped it mid poo/wee wee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    the problem with the g2 is that its only 16gb

that is too small
    You can get a 64gb sd in the s4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    You can get a 64gb sd in the s4
    hmmm maybe
    not too sure what 2 get

ReputationRep:
    HTC One and Galaxy S4 have older processors compared to devices like the Note 3, Nexus 5, Xperia Z1 and the LG G2 so go for one of those 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    But a lot of people can't afford that

I need a new phone and i can afford to spend £400 for the LG G2. I do think going on a sim only deal is better as you are not tied down...but what if you can't afford to do that?
    SIM only deals are lot cheaper in the long run, it's only the front up cost that's a bummer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    SIM only deals are lot cheaper in the long run, it's only the front up cost that's a bummer.
    sadly can't afford that

apparently giff gaff are offering contracts now

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.