Asda ****ed me up Watch

balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
try doing something worth doing like reading going for a walk, listening to music.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Undisclosed 15)
No. Even when I went back it still said the item was in stock. It only updated after 30 mins.

I wanted to make sure I could cancel my order, that is why I cancelled it first. Asda false advertised. They said their product was in stock but it wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's an invitation to treat, not a contract.

Anyway, it's a games console, not a kidney transplant. Calm down.
Sammy Lanka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will suffef because i was banking on getting the console and i need something to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want something to do then go outside, do your homework, get a job or actually meet up with your friends. Or you could just use your old one

Posted from TSR Mobile
finnthehuman
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, you should join the Master race, we await you (PC)
Will Lucky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I wanted to make sure I could cancel my order, that is why I cancelled it first. Asda false advertised. They said their product was in stock but it wasn't.
I'm fairly certain from a legal standpoint, you want to cancel a pre-order you can do that.
NathanW18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That sucks, man.

Selling out while you're filling in the necessary information is pretty unlucky. I guess it's a lesson not to cancel what you have before the new one has been confirmed.
Undisclosed 15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
That sucks, man.

Selling out while you're filling in the necessary information is pretty unlucky. I guess it's a lesson not to cancel what you have before the new one has been confirmed.
Even when i went back they still said it was in stock. The website only updated after about 30 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Now you can get the exact same console, yet more reliable, for cheaper.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They done you a favour, now buy a PS4.
mrdoovde1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ShopTo have a day one edition available (only on the Fifa bundle): http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/...on-inc-fifa-14
pmc:producer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. Even when I went back it still said the item was in stock. It only updated after 30 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're clearly unfamiliar with the widely-accepted (and legal definition) of false advertising.

Unfortunately, ASDA aren't in the wrong, and to be frank, only a silly sausage would cancel one order (for such an in demand product) on the whim of another.

You can sit here all day stamping your foot and spitting the dummy out of your pram, but a delay in a website updating (which could be down to a number of factors including your own computers cache!) can't be deemed 'false advertising' or place the blame of your stupidity on ASDA.
Undisclosed 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by mrdoovde1)
ShopTo have a day one edition available (only on the Fifa bundle): http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/...on-inc-fifa-14
They are sold out

Posted from TSR Mobile
icouldntthinkofone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr Pesto)
Email them a picture of your testicles to convey your displeasure.

made me laugh!
pmc:producer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
It's an invitation to treat, not a contract.

Anyway, it's a games console, not a kidney transplant. Calm down.
I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's an invitation to treat, more a delay in updating the website's stock figures. It's not like they got the price wrong. He's clutching at straws.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads