Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind sharing a shower (I share with three people), but if I was in a house with more, I would really like my own toilet. It's not so bad now, but it took a little while to get used to sharing a toilet with two (at the time there was only 3 of us in the house) strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhassan)
    My showers are only 5-10 minutes long. My first shower is for my hair and the other two for body. Morning, afternoon and before bed. So I will be in the shower for 20-25 minutes a day, which isn't that much. I can compromise to 2 a day minimum.
    :facepalm: Great, be sure to let your flatmates know the second you meet them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoingToBurst)
    I'm at the University of Aberdeen and I'm loving it. Aberdeen structure the accountancy & finance degree pretty much backwards to any other university, but I love the way it's done. I have absolutely no complaints about my course . Where are you looking to apply to?
    Yeah, my uni has the sports village, which is the best sporting facility in Scotland so we still have to pay for it. It's like £12 a month for a basic membership though. I pay £27.50 a month which includes full use of EVERYTHING at any time. I.e. athletics facilities, gym, classes, squash and swim. The aquatics centre opens next year too, which should be incredible, so I'm not sure how much my membership will change by but it'll be totally worth it!
    I'm looking to apply to LSE, east anglia, kent and loughborough However LSE is a major long shot. So realistically Loughborough and east anglia are my top two. I have heard both have excellent sport facilities. What are you planning to do with your degree?. Are you eyeing for the big four?

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to apply to LSE, east anglia, kent and loughborough However LSE is a major long shot. So realistically Loughborough and east anglia are my top two. I have heard both have excellent sport facilities. What are you planning to do with your degree?. Are you eyeing for the big four?
    I certainly am! Looking to go into forensic financial advisory with KPMG ideally. Also somewhat interested in PwC after a networking event I went to, but KPMG is the ideal. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    :facepalm: Great, be sure to let your flatmates know the second you meet them.
    I live with 6 people people and none of them complain. Would you rather have someone that showers for 5-10mins three times a day or many that I know who shower for 1hour once a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoingToBurst)
    I certainly am! Looking to go into forensic financial advisory with KPMG ideally. Also somewhat interested in PwC after a networking event I went to, but KPMG is the ideal. What about you?
    Looking to apply to a three year scheme at Deloitte or KPMG where I will gain an Accounting qualification. A degree in Accounting and finance degree offers 9 exemptions i think. Need a 1st though. Is accounting and finance maths intensive? I enjoy maths except for statistics.

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply to a three year scheme at Deloitte or KPMG where I will gain an Accounting qualification. A degree in Accounting and finance degree offers 9 exemptions i think. Need a 1st though. Is accounting and finance maths intensive? I enjoy maths except for statistics.
    I assume you want to go into tax then?

I'm only in first year at the minute and so far we haven't done much maths, but my university does it backwards (which I prefer anyway). We do the theory of accounting before getting into the numbers, so my accounting module this year is all theory, absolutely no numbers.
    My finance module has 12 financial maths lectures, but it's basic stuff and they don't expect you to remember the equations anyway, just how to use them and when to use them. We have a compulsory statistics class in second year though, so that doesn't sound like it'll be up your street.

ReputationRep:
    I go gym everyday plus play football, squash and tennis at least once a week. Now do you think it's normal.
    don't they have showers at the gym ??????

ReputationRep:
    I live with 6 people people and none of them complain. Would you rather have someone that showers for 5-10mins three times a day or many that I know who shower for 1hour once a day.
    Someone who did either of those would not be liked by their flatmates, unless they were always home alone, which is unlikely. But even if you are alone so no one is waiting to go in, your flatmates aren't going to be happy with a water/gas/electricity bill high because of your showers. Most people can cope with 1 ten minute shower a day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Have you considered showing at the gym?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.