Woman Murders 3 Men Watch

james22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kiss)
I think even if she does get a 30 year sentence it won't be as long as she serves.
I'm not 100% sure of the law on this, but I think with murder cases the defendent must serve at least their minimum term with no chance of that being reduced as it is with other crimes. This is assuming she doesn't get some success with an appeal (although unlikely, she would have to show that she didn't kill 2 of them).
Rational Thinker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
That research concerns US sentencing - I wonder if the same can be said of sentencing in the UK?

Also, the point I made is not gender specific. Minimum terms are minimum terms - they are set out in statute and there is limited scope for gender to have an effect.
I was not referring to your point about minimum sentences. From what I have read, much sociological research in the UK has supported Otto Pollack's thesis that females tend to be treated in a more lenient manner. However, I personally am equally concerned not only that female rape of men is not classified as rape under UK law and that female on male domestic abuse is often ridiculed.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james22)
I'm not 100% sure of the law on this, but I think with murder cases the defendent must serve at least their minimum term with no chance of that being reduced as it is with other crimes. This is assuming she doesn't get some success with an appeal (although unlikely, she would have to show that she didn't kill 2 of them).
I believe she also attempted to kill two more but thankfully failed.
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octohedral)
You claim to support gender equality by ending discrimination against men, then you perpetuate a gender stereotype by attacking someone's opinion simply because thay are male. All he said was wait until the sentencing before making assumptions. Nonetheless, I'm aware of the discrepancies in sentencing that already exist.

Horrible story, hope she gets what she deserves.
Youv'e obviously never been on one of the myriad of feminist sites then? It doesn't have to be Radfem, just try the feminist forums on mumsnet. They do what you have accused him of in spades. just the fact that you are a man posting on what they see as their private stamping ground is enough for them to pile in and verbally kick your head in. If it were men posting **** like that it would be closed as a hate site.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Youv'e obviously never been on one of the myriad of feminist sites then? It doesn't have to be Radfem, just try the feminist forums on mumsnet. They do what you have accused him of in spades. just the fact that you are a man posting on what they see as their private stamping ground is enough for them to pile in and verbally kick your head in. If it were men posting **** like that it would be closed as a hate site.
I read one of the books written by "mumsnet" and it was predictably prejudiced and poorly written.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rational Thinker)
I do not know about them being a white knight, but they certainly seem to rush to judgement on issues without having a full understanding.
Give me 140 examples of where I have ever done that.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do not know about them being a white knight, but they certainly seem to rush to judgement on issues without having a full understanding.
Also why didn't you respond to my post about the witch hunts in that awful thread you made? I was looking forward to a good old witchcraft debate.
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She should get the chair.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
Give me 140 examples of where I have ever done that.
Why that number in particular?
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why that number in particular?
140 is the minimum number of examples you could give to render your statement justified. I divined this number from thin air. A most impressive feat.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
140 is the minimum number of examples you could give to render your statement justified. I divined this number from thin air. A most impressive feat.
An arbitrary ruling.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
An arbitrary ruling.
You know what else is arbitrary?

The posts you choose to respond to.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You know what else is arbitrary?

The posts you choose to respond to.
No, those are actually well chosen. When I see someone being disingenuous and ill informed, I feel compelled to criticise them.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow man you couldn't even wait for the sentencing before making this thread? Because obviously what TSR needs is another bloody thread about gender privilege.
This won't get you laid, you know.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peter91)
TSR is funny. Why respond to a post when you can attack the poster...right? Even better if you can do it in a way that insinuates they're wrong, with no evidence whatsoever.

And heaven forbid a man have an opinion that isn't about getting laid. I mean, what the ****?
I was going to tell you that, with the way you wrote that post, you remind me of the computer store guy from the Simpsons. But that would be insulting the poster instead of responding to the post.

To respond to your post, it was a statement that the guy wrote what he did because he seems to take every opportunity to come over to be the enlightened and progressive one in the face of internet misogyny, defending the ladyfolk of the forum like the white night that he is.

I also find it quite surprising that you seem to think that TSR posters are alone in calling out others when they encounter white knighting which is off the scale. You're not a Reddit member are you by any chance?
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by REASON_Lighters)
She should get the chair.
I agree, one with a cushion if she's going to spend 30 years on it.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
I was going to tell you that, with the way you wrote that post, you remind me of the computer store guy from the Simpsons. But that would be insulting the poster instead of responding to the post.

To respond to your post, it was a statement that the guy wrote what he did because he seems to take every opportunity to come over to be the enlightened and progressive one in the face of internet misogyny, defending the ladyfolk of the forum like the white night that he is.

I also find it quite surprising that you seem to think that TSR posters are alone in calling out others when they encounter white knighting which is off the scale. You're not a Reddit member are you by any chance?
What woman did I defend in my post? In fact when have I ever actually defended a female user of this forum? All I did was call out Kiss for making yet another stupid and unnecessary thread. If that makes me a white knight then I guess I'm ok with that because people who use the term 'white knight' are almost universally incredibly stupid people anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed