Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyGatz)
    What?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're going to use milk as a main source of protein, rather than eating balanced meals that are high in meat and veg which provide natural, healthy proteins that are required for muscle building and a fit, healthy body.

The amount of milk that you would require is quite dangerous as you're not taking in the right nutrients for what you want to do. Yes, drink lots of milk but focus your protein intake of meat and veg, combined with the right level of carbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musketeer)
    You're going to use milk as a main source of protein, rather than eating balanced meals that are high in meat and veg which provide natural, healthy proteins that are required for muscle building and a fit, healthy body.

The amount of milk that you would require is quite dangerous as you're not taking in the right nutrients for what you want to do. Yes, drink lots of milk but focus your protein intake of meat and veg, combined with the right level of carbs.
    That's not what I said haha? I eat very healthy with lots of good meats and loads of veg through the week but to get even more protein a pint of milk would be good surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Semi-skimmed. No contest.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what I said haha? I eat very healthy with lots of good meats and loads of veg through the week but to get even more protein a pint of milk would be good surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he's confused. Use skimmed milk like you would protein powder and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would, but you'd be better then going for semi as it has the right kind of saturated fats in it. Skimmed isn't too healthy long-term as it's not balanced enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musketeer)
    It would, but you'd be better then going for semi as it has the right kind of saturated fats in it. Skimmed isn't too healthy long-term as it's not balanced enough.
    So a pint of semi-skimmed milk won't cause any health defects or result in getting fatter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So a pint of semi-skimmed milk won't cause any health defects or result in getting fatter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It shouldn't provided you've got a healthy lifestyle. Put it this way. I drink 2 pints of milk a day at least and I've always been slim. I don't exercise much and haven't noticed any weight gain or health defects. I'm now 22 and have been drinking semi-skimmed milk since I was a tot.

ReputationRep:
    Pint of semi skimmed milk has 25% of daily saturate fats allowance! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surprised no one has given the correct answer: whole.

ReputationRep:
    Whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    Surprised no one has given the correct answer: whole.
    Why whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember exactly but I think a pint of semi skimmed milk has something like 20% of your daily sat fats in it. Could be more actually! This worries me haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    saturated fat isn't bad for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    saturated fat isn't bad for you...
    So which type would you recommend then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Full fat tastes heavenly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Neither, Full fat is best.

ReputationRep:
    They both have the same protein content but I'm just wondering what's best to drink if I'm trying to get a lot of protein in my diet but not a lot of fats or sat-fats. If I was to drink a pint of either each day which should I choose? I'm wondering this because i can get 15 odd grams of protein for only spending 40p in Morrisons haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    semi skimmed! green top all the way. skimmed milk is like 1/4 milk, 3/4 water, just the thought makes me shudder :puke:

ReputationRep:
    They both have the same protein content but I'm just wondering what's best to drink if I'm trying to get a lot of protein in my diet but not a lot of fats or sat-fats. If I was to drink a pint of either each day which should I choose? I'm wondering this because i can get 15 odd grams of protein for only spending 40p in Morrisons haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whole milk is best. Yes it has more fat, but fat is good. Fat helps to stop sugar from being digested too quickly and giving a sugar high. There are good fats and there are bad fats.

Fats in whole foods (whole wheat, whole nuts, whole milk, etc) are good for you.
    Fats in greasy foods (red meat, crisps, desserts, etc) are bad for you.

Fat isn't necessarily bad, sugar is worse for you. We're always told that fat is bad. NEVER buy low-fat or ''no-fat''. To substitute what manufacturers have taken out of the original product, they put lots of sugar in it to balance out the flavour.

Sugar is addictive. We have gone from having hardly any sugar, to having lots of it in such a small amount of time, our bodies can't handle it since we haven't adapted to taking so much sugar.
    To curb your sugar cravings, eat fruit. Natural sugars are better for you than refined sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Full fat tastes better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wats the green top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    wats the green top
    The green top is semi-skimmed. You don't want that, you want whole milk or full-fat, which is the blue top.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.