Jelly, mad jelly.
Secretly mirin :yep:
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
I don't see why so many other gym users (or people who don't even go to the gym) always get so upset at lifters TBH.
I suspect it's more people who lift badly, sort of guy who looks like he'd come out in hives if you asked him to deadlift but can do tricep pull down all day.

There was a guy in the gym earlier curling in the squat rack, torture's too good for some people.
Alpha brah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Le Nombre)
I suspect it's more people who lift badly, sort of guy who looks like he'd come out in hives if you asked him to deadlift but can do tricep pull down all day.

There was a guy in the gym earlier curling in the squat rack, torture's too good for some people.
Well, if you always skip leg day gotta use the squat rack for something :ahee:
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Well, if you always skip leg day gotta use the squat rack for something :ahee:
I hate it when people squat in my curl rack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
I hate it when people squat in my curl rack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I gotta work on dat curvy ass tho
Bale90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go for the weights. It helps to burn fat too.
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cardio is incredibly boring and near useless for improving physique
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want cardio, just lift weights faster.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bertstare)
Cardio is boring if you're on a ****ing machine in a gym going nowhere. Go outside, row a boat, run a race, cycle the countryside, suddenly cardio is much more fun.
bertstare
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
Cardio is boring if you're on a ****ing machine in a gym going nowhere. Go outside, row a boat, run a race, cycle the countryside, suddenly cardio is much more fun.
still boring
Sir Phillip Jones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this true guys?
bertstare
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sir Phillip Jones)
Is this true guys?
If you actually have some muscle on you, and are already quite lean (~10%) then some types of cardio can help you shed more fat. Otherwise, lift weights if you want to look better, and do cardio if you want for it's health benefits
NidaJaffri
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HFerguson)
you can get shredded without doing any cardio. How can you enjoy cardio but not weights?
I ****ing love cardio, more than lifting. All about preference.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HFerguson)
you can get shredded without doing any cardio. How can you enjoy cardio but not weights?
Easy.
NidaJaffri
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AdampskiB)
Hi there,

I want to lose fat, so I think the general idea is to burn more calories than what I eat (daily). For workout days, I might consume more food than compared to on non-workout days purely because I can, and it'll help my energy levels whilst studying.

My gym routine will predominately be cardio based to burn those calories. I think some people mention to include weights, too? As it will increase metabolism and continue to burn calories. Does it matter what weight lifting exercises I do? I'm not keen on doing weights, if I had it my way I wouldn't do weights at all. But if it will help me get there quicker I will, I'm just not confident doing squats with barbell or bench press.

My daily calorie count will be 1800-2000 because I'm worried I'll be too tired if I cut too low.

If I have a misconception anywhere, or if anybody has anything they'd like to add for tips, it would be great to highlight them!
Same problem; I can't eat less because I don't want jeopardize A2s and just.. just ****ing Dominos man. However, you can increase your metabolism by snacking healthy more frequently. So just eat smaller portions, and eat more. If that makes sense? So, perhaps boiled eggs for breakfast, then a smoothie an hour later, then a banana 2 hour later and then lentil soup a few hours later - that was actually my food for today.

Also, be versatile with your cardio. My college is like 5 miles away, so sometimes I jog back home or walk to college, and perhaps try skipping? Be consistent with cardio, and I promise you it will work.

Good luck
Sir Phillip Jones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you actually have some muscle on you, and are already quite lean (~10%) then some types of cardio can help you shed more fat. Otherwise, lift weights if you want to look better, and do cardio if you want for it's health benefits
My body-fat % is over 25% and i'm overweight(76kg and 5 ft 8). If i wanted to lose weight, would i not be well served doing cardio, as that would help shed the pounds and in turn improve physique? I understand weights is important too, along with diet, but Cardio too right? to lose weight and improve physique
bertstare
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My body-fat % is over 25% and i'm overweight(76kg and 5 ft 8). If i wanted to lose weight, would i not be well served doing cardio, as that would help shed the pounds and in turn improve physique? I understand weights is important too, along with diet, but Cardio too right? to lose weight and improve physique
You can do some cardio if you want but it's not really going to do anything a regular deficit in calorie intake won't do - Lifting weights to preserve muscle mass when cutting is 100x more important for your physique (and in this case, health as well)
Blazinq
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you want? what's your actual goal? do you want to be skinny? Cardio then. Do you want to be shredded with a good amount of muscle? lift weights.
Don't forget diet is simply as important

Lifting burns calories as well, and so I've heard it can burn more calories, than say running.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
25%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (53)
33.97%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
17.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (12)
7.69%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (25)
16.03%

Watched Threads