PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? Watch

Poll: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
Neither (49)
26.06%
PS4 (103)
54.79%
Xbox One (33)
17.55%
Both (3)
1.6%
Mushi_master
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox one, have played xbox for years and love the controller. The exclusives interest me much more as well.

Will wait until after finals though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pindar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox One, simply because it is faster than the PS4 (runs at 1.75Ghz, compared to the PS4's measly 1.5Ghz) and the Xbox One uses ESRAM which is more CPU efficient.

Also the Xbox One will stand the test of time, as it is an all-in-one entertainment box and not just a games console. Much prefer being able to switch between anything I want to do, whether it's games, music, films, video calls/conferencing, internet, TV or apps, in an instant and or multitask at the same time.

Plus there's the Kinect 2, a 3D scanning device which will definitely have some interesting third-party applications
Ryan17.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PS4
•50% better graphics card performance
•Easier to develop for
•Cheaper
•User replaceable hard drive (each game 40-50gb on a 500gb hard drive will fill up fast)

Not to say the Xbox one is bad but I'm seriously concerned about a few things (resolution gate) and well its more expensive haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile
PeaceTreaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PC
angrydanmarin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PC ftw!
groundcore
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to get both so that I can feast on their insides and solve this foolish debate of which one tastes better once and for all. Before you ask, No! I will not be using ketchup!
Will Lucky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PS4 at launch, for the moment its the better option I'll use it for all multiplatforms and Sony Exclusives. I'll probably pick a XB1 up after 2-3 years for the exclusives.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i think its slightly more towards PS4 at the moment. Oh whenever the new gen of consoles come out the PC gamers just feel like getting involved for no apparent reason!
ExKirby
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'ma hust hold out for 6 months and get a Steam Machine. If it costs more than either, I can just make the money back on Steam Sales =D
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pindar)
Xbox One, simply because it is faster than the PS4 (runs at 1.75Ghz, compared to the PS4's measly 1.5Ghz)
Not to start a flame/fanboy war, but clock speeds don't mean one is faster. Apple's 1.3GHz A7 can keep up with 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800s in phones, Haswell processors running at ~2GHz are faster than other chips running at higher speeds, etc.

Anyways, PS4 for me but only once Infamous comes. I'll pick up an XBOX when they're super cheap and Forza 6 is out. All other games seem to perform virtually the same on both systems so I'll save that little bit of money.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm playing this combination console which seems to be a combination of PS4 and Xbox One.

It's called... the PS One.

Pretty neat.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by groundcore)
I'm going to get both so that I can feast on their insides and solve this foolish debate of which one tastes better once and for all. Before you ask, No! I will not be using ketchup!
But chips go with source so well!
buddy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox One, simply because it is faster than the PS4 (runs at 1.75Ghz, compared to the PS4's measly 1.5Ghz) and the Xbox One uses ESRAM which is more CPU efficient.

Also the Xbox One will stand the test of time, as it is an all-in-one entertainment box and not just a games console. Much prefer being able to switch between anything I want to do, whether it's games, music, films, video calls/conferencing, internet, TV or apps, in an instant and or multitask at the same time.

Plus there's the Kinect 2, a 3D scanning device which will definitely have some interesting third-party applications

Some hilarious misinformation right here....

1) CPU specs aren't everything especially when it comes to games consoles
2) It hasn't been confirmed what the PS4 CPU speed is but it's not going to below 1.6GHz
3) The GPU has 6 more cores in the PS4 giving it a 50% advantage there
4) the main memory in the PS4 is the GDDR5 which is almost 3x faster than the Xbones DDR3. The ESRAM was only put on there as a bandaid to make up for the ****ty speed of the DDR3 and there's only 32mb while the main memories of both systems sit at 8GB
5)ESRAM is CPU efficient? Do you even know what you're talking about? Just look at resolutiongate. COD Ghosts is 720p on the Xbox because the ESRAM was hard to optimise for. It's 1080p on ps4 native.
6)PS4 can do the app switching too but it just doesn't run both apps at the same time like the Xbox (which affects performance even more)
7) A lot of 'functionality' such as Skype and Netflix are behind a paywall. Admittedly it is pretty cool to be able to Skype your friend while gaming but TV or Netflix would just be distracting
8) Kinect? Hah. If you watched any of the live streams of the Xbox you can easily say it's worse than Siri. IMO though. You on the otherhand might like repeating yourself multiple times. Plus multitasking is not 'instantaneous'

If you want the Xbox because you like MS's ecosystem, or the games, or services or because your friends go there I can respect that. But for the reasons stated above? Laughable

Personally I'm going for the PS4 because of my friends are going there plus it's the platform that gets the exclusives that I like.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox One will stand the test of time
Because they stopped it being always-on, otherwise it would've lasted exactly one generation before becoming a doorstop.
groundcore
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
But chips go with source so well!
I'm a purist man
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
PS4 as everyone I know is getting one and plus I had a PS3 which I adore
danielsigsworth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
@Bill_Gates
Unrealistic... you're kidding right? Says the guy who's probably never fired live ammunition in his life. Weapon 'recoil' IS realistic. You're firing a metal bullet from a high powered machine from a extremely high pressure to a low pressure at speeds of 500+ miles per hour; you do the math. Battlefield AND Call of Duty aren't even 0.001% the accuracy of warfare. But at least Battlefield is trying whereas Call of Duty is just trying to make kids get 'excited' over new toy guns and 'perks'.
danielsigsworth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All I need is my trusty custom-built performance PC. No graphic limits. Fully customisable. Freedom of Internet and software. Gamer-pad (PS, Xbox) compatible. Steam discounts. All for the same price of those terrible "low-end PC's" you call consoles. After PS2 and the original Xbox the consoles got less and less personal and more and more like you were renting their machines.:mad: PC forever. :cool:
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...-specs-compare

PS4
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just as with 360/PS3 comparisons, the PS4/Xbox One comparisons are a perfect study of the placebo effect. Whether you're playing Xbox One or PS4, you'll think the graphics look great and in comparison would be fooled if the wrong sides were labelled PS4 and Xbox One.

The odd thing is how all comparisons seem to put one half at a lower brightness than the other. As if that's supposed to prove there's a difference, to fill what would otherwise be an absence of proof.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (61)
19.93%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (121)
39.54%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.52%

Watched Threads