Turn on thread page Beta

'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.' watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Utfurd)
    Translation: Clearer issues means issues which you and other liberal progressives agree with. It's only OK to point out these issues against groups. "Gay rights" would be a "clearer issue". Preserving Traditional Britain on the other hand would be an unsound issue for liberal progressives whose ideas are supposed to be the only ideas.

Your analogy says that saying some Christians are Homophobes stops short of thinking about whether Homosexuals are perfect. But the scope of your thinking does not go far enough outside a box of thinking to ask the question: are homosexuals or liberal progressives Christianophobes to expect Christians do accept something that is contrary to the Bible.

Surely it is our masters who introduced this thought limiter.
    No, not really. Homosexual people, as a group, are not perfect, either. No group is. Some homosexual people will be Christianophobes, as you call it. Some homosexual people are Christians. Some don't care either way. There are some issues within the gay community that can do with fixing as well, for example, it can be more difficult to find a committed relationship, there can be a lack of tolerance of bisexual people and there can be a level of age discrimination against elder homosexual people.

Splitting up people into groups is complicated anyway, because people tend to belong to a variety of different groups, so one group or one line of thinking doesn't define them. You, for one, class me as a liberal, which I can be, but I am centrist on some issues and more conservative on others. I can be quite a traditionalist, but I'm also in favour of equality. That's how I believe most people work - we're not programmed robots who cannot be open to debate or new and different thoughts.

Are our thoughts influenced through society and the media? Most certainly, but not without question, I'd hope, and not without critical reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.' -Voltaire

To a certain extend you are allowed to criticise all groups, but there is one group who you can never criticise, and you can never comment on their power or ownership or historical action. For if you criticise this group in any way whatsoever;

- What you say is completely untrue, and if this cannot be substantiated then

- What you say is the result of prejudice and conspiracy theories and if this cannot be substantiated then

- You are of unsound mind and character, and have flaws and/ or a dark past, and if this cannot be substantiated

- Then you should be dealt with either by loss of office and reputation, or by condemnation by organisations or your peers

Clue: Its not the Royal Family. You are allows to criticise them. Its "The ......"
    Is this a guessing game? I've got an answer for you which frankly I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :israel:

ReputationRep:
    Serious thread or attempt to root out the different prejudices of some TSR users? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Is it muslin? I hear makers of it get a bit touchy when someone critiques it.

ReputationRep:
    If I discussed our masters in depth and named them, you would have your freedom but I may lose my freedom to discuss the issue at all due to moderators
    How convenient for you! How about PMing me? Then we can see if you're the usual conspiracy theorist or something special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    How convenient for you! How about PMing me? Then we can see if you're the usual conspiracy theorist or something special.
    What's your definition of "the usual conspiracy theorist" ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I dunno...I guess they're all pretty unique in their own way.

ReputationRep:
    Disabled people ?

Black people ?

Jews ?

Am I getting warmer ?

It certainly isn't Roma Gypsies, everyone is complaining about them nowadays.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.