Something horrible just happened... Watch

Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Bloxorus)
You don't need to cry over it lol. You helped her and that's the main thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I feel so bad :bawling:

(Original post by Malevolent)
You're making much more of a bigger deal than it should be. As long as she wasn't bleeding or looked on the verge of unconsciousness its fine. You helped, much more than some of the others did. Move on
But she might have just been pretending to be okay, to save face! :cry2: Sobsobsob

(Original post by pane123)
The main worry with old women falling is that they break a bone. Had this happened, she would have known straight away, believe me. Chances are she was absolutely fine and will appreciate what you did.
Yeah, that's what my mum said when I told her I just hope she was okay, I just feel so awful and useless and a bad person :cry2:
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
:cry2:
I guess I did more than most of the boys, all but one just stood there and watched :mad:
But I still should have done more
Take the positive out of the situation and try to improve for next time -
Maid Marian
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
You really are escalating this...
You did what you could..
What do you mean? I should have done more!
Maid Marian
(Original post by Ben_K)
Take the positive out of the situation and try to improve for next time -
Okay :sad: If there is a next time ... sigh. :ashamed:
Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The youth today.... all they want to do is watch tv and only think about themselves when they could be making someone's day better :rolleyes:
Ben_K
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay :sad: If there is a next time ... sigh. :ashamed:
Fingers crossed there isn't - as it's horrible to see someone elderly fall
Maid Marian
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
The youth today.... all they want to do is watch tv and only think about themselves when they could be making someone's day better :rolleyes:

(Original post by Ben_K)
Fingers crossed there isn't - as it's horrible to see someone elderly fall
Yeah :sad: :cry:
gustavus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stop!!

You have shown that not all young people are self serving thugs!
You've helped - you've made the world a better place in a small way!!
Pass it on!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
miser
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't be so hard on yourself - it's natural for the experience to have shaken you up a little. You did a good job, and if anything similar happens again you'll be more likely to help further.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No need to feel bad, you did what most people would have done in that situation.
Ornlu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you mean? I should have done more!
Maybe so but it dunnae matter - what's happened has happened.
Women these days get so emotional over nothing... :rolleyes:
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ben_K)
The other guys who just stood there are idiotic
I think they did the right thing tbh. She was a little old lady who already had 2 able-bodied youngens helping her up. It also seems like she was a bit dazed and confused, so to have a whole group of people surrounding her would have probably been overwhelming.
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At least you helped her, many people would have just walked past and not cared.
Ben_K
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
I think they did the right thing tbh. She was a little old lady who already had 2 able-bodied youngens helping her up. It also seems like she was a bit dazed and confused, so to have a whole group of people surrounding her would have probably been overwhelming.
Good point
Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Yeah :sad: :cry:
I'm sorry dear, I was only kidding with you. I think what you did was very sweet It was probably the first time you've been in that situation, you handled it well. Next time you'll have more experience to do more.

Life is a learning process... and unfortunately hindsight can get the best of us, but just remember you did the right thing. Some people carry on walking.
Maid Marian
I'm sorry dear, I was only kidding with you. I think what you did was very sweet It was probably the first time you've been in that situation, you handled it well. Next time you'll have more experience to do more.

Life is a learning process... and unfortunately hindsight can get the best of us, but just remember you did the right thing. Some people carry on walking.
Oh I thought you were being serious

You're right, but I still feel awful. Thanks for the reassurance though, Monsieur
Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh I thought you were being serious

You're right, but I still feel awful. Thanks for the reassurance though, Monsieur
You seem like a nice girl, but you can be very silly Even still, brownie points for you, m'lady. Sherwood Forest is surely a safer and friendly place with you there in it.
Maid Marian
You seem like a nice girl, but you can be very silly Even still, brownie points for you, m'lady. Sherwood Forest is surely a safer and friendly place with you there in it.
I am silly ... :ashamed2: Oh dear ...
Hehehe. Thank you, kind sir. I will learn from my mistakes and be prepared for the future, to protect the citizens of Sherwood Forest :blush:
TheOriginalAng
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This sort of thing always happens to me. Things are so much clearer in hindsight but one just doesn't think about them at the time as it can take a while to realise what's going on and think of how thy should deal with it. But hey, you did help her and that is most kind, I think most would just wait for someone else to do something. In any case, I'm sure she was glad of it.
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I honestly think we can sometimes be a bit guilty of patronising elderly people. If I fell over, I wouldn't want endless fussing. Just because some people are more vulnerable, we should also trust that they will speak up if they need assistance. If they say "I'm okay" then it's alright to believe them. Whenever I fall over I just want a moment to gather my thoughts and dust myself down.

I say this because my nan had a tumble last Christmas and once she was up, this one bloke just kept on fussing over her, saying he insisted on calling on a taxi to take her home etc. She is more robust than she looks and eventually had to quite firmly tell him to back off as she still had shopping to do!

Of course it's good to be available for help but I think some people are guilty of going too far the other way. I'm sure some people just relish a crisis.

I definitely think Maid Marian shouldn't waste any more tears on the incident. Like everyone else has said, not anything left to be done except learn for next time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (53)
14.25%
The paper was reasonable (188)
50.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (90)
24.19%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads