Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerano13)
    Thanks for the quick response, I am on the BBC news website regularly and I also work for the NHS. Just a tad nervous as iv done as much as I can to get this far x
    It's fine, that's the best that's where I'm getting information from. They were really welcoming last year so hope it's the same. I'm just unsure which building to go to cause its different from last year?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerano13)
    Hi I also have an interview on 7th Feb, is everyone else as nervous as me? Also ashhutch is there anything we can do to prepare ourselves more?Thanks
    Hey, like Amy said I'd just make sure you are up to date on news in nursing and be confident in talking about it. I used BBC health news and nursing times to get info. Also have a good answer prepared for why you want to be a nurse. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochur.../coach_campus/

Main reception is 19 on the map, its really easy to find

ReputationRep:
    Good luck I'd say go for interview and worry about the rest after =) don't panic hun x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleZoombini)
    I'm a new nursing student at Northumbria this year. When I had my interview last year there was no numeracy test just a simple literacy exercise. It's not something you should need to revise for if you know how to write in English and understand the role of the nurse.

I had applied for Teeside as well and was offered an interview. Like wahwah1810 said the sample numeracy test I got sent looked pretty simple. I was offered a place by Northumbria before the interview though so I didn't go.
    Hi,

I will be attending my interview at the end of this month at Northumbria and was wondering if I could bother you with a few questions. Do you have any advice on how best to prepare for the interviews, like what questions they may ask in the 1 to 1 interview? Also how long after the interview do they let you know if you have an offer or not? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tegan.18)
    Hi,

I will be attending my interview at the end of this month at Northumbria and was wondering if I could bother you with a few questions. Do you have any advice on how best to prepare for the interviews, like what questions they may ask in the 1 to 1 interview? Also how long after the interview do they let you know if you have an offer or not? Thank you
    Wow strange to be answering this now as a third year 5 months away from qualifying. The questions are just what you might expect really. What do you think are the main issues/influences in nursing today. So look up policies, government documents, NMC, latest stories in the news, Francis report etc. In the 1 to 1 it was why do you want to become a nurse and what qualities skills do you have/need to be a nurse. It was only a couple of days at most that you hear back from them about being successful or not. I wouldn't stress over it at all, everyone is nice and none of the questions are there to try and trip you up.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have my interview for MH nursing this week and I'm so nervous! First and only interview so absolutely no practice at what it'll be like !
    Just wondered if anyone whose had an interview yet could advise me on what type of things you were asked to discuss in the group interview?! Think that's what I'm most nervous about as I'll be getting compared to others there!!
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 15, 2016

University open days

• Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
  • Northumbria University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 5 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.