Woman who posted on twitter about knocking a cyclist over - Found guilty Watch

MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
People really hate cyclists. Especially taxi drivers, some of them will purposely push you into other cars for their own amusement.
Then cycle in a prominent road position so they can't do it.

But to be fair. As a motorist and a cyclist I try and see both sides. I'm forever getting annoyed with Cyclists who weave in and out of traffic and go through red lights. Quite a few times cyclists bring a lot of it on themselves.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
What a piece of scum
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only thing dumber than leaving the scene right afterwards is then boasting about it on social media. Dopey mare.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25000788

Way refused to comment as she left court, saying she had signed an exclusive television deal

is she going to be the next star of reality TV lol

how much do you bet she turns up on I'm a celeb
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
The other side have lawyers too.
In a way yes, just stating my own opinion.

Miss Way claims that the cyclist was to blame for the accident. Clearly the magistrates thought that having heard the evidence, there was reasonable doubt that the accident was caused by her driving at a lower standard than was to be expected.
I would agree that this seems to be the case here.

The fact that she failed to stop and report the accident has to be considered separately.
True.

Silly girl - who was to blame for the accident is unclear so I won't critique her driving (as so many are doing, despite her being acquitted on the due care charge...).
Trial by media?

But to drive off and then tweet about it is foolish.
Yeah, don't know which part of her actions is more stupid.
SpicyStrawberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She's only sorry she got caught and about her Twitter post, she's not sorry about actually knocking the poor guy on the bike over. Idiot, I'm glad she lost her job and got 7 points for it, but can't fathom why she didn't get found guilty for the dangerous driving charge.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What a complete halfwit parody of a thinking human being.
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
She's only sorry she got caught and about her Twitter post, she's not sorry about actually knocking the poor guy on the bike over. Idiot, I'm glad she lost her job and got 7 points for it, but can't fathom why she didn't get found guilty for the dangerous driving charge.
I would think that without any substantial physical evidence such as tyre marks, CCTV/dash-cam footage, or witness statements, it would be more difficult for the charges to stick, as the defense would have effectively countered any arguments they had.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
I would think that without any substantial physical evidence such as tyre marks, CCTV/dash-cam footage, or witness statements, it would be more difficult for the charges to stick, as the defense would have effectively countered any arguments they had.
It didn't help her case that she admitted hitting somebody, that is to say was involved in a Road traffic Collison and then drove off. The act of driving off is in itself a crime, so when it comes to one persons word against the other, the person that has fled the scene tends to not be listened to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads