The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

Applying for NCH - 2014 Admissions and Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gaia96
Thanks guys! this has definitely given me a better picture! NCH definitely sounds like a valid option...

Best of luck wherever you wish to go!
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Reply 21
hi everyone!:smile:

I've applied for Law and Economics and got an invitation for an interview!:biggrin:
But I'm pretty clueless what kind of text can I expect for the interview...
Reply 22
Original post by kaasieek
hi everyone!:smile:

I've applied for Law and Economics and got an invitation for an interview!:biggrin:
But I'm pretty clueless what kind of text can I expect for the interview...

Hey Kaasieek,

During your interview you'll be presented with some stimulus material which you read and then make notes on in preparation for discussion. The stimulus can take the form of extracts from the news in reference to a legal case or an excerpt from a journal. Whatever the case, prior knowledge of the issue being discussed isn't required, so you should be fine.
I'm actually studying Law now, so I went through that whole process last year. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, and don't stress yourself out over it!

Caleb
Reply 23
Hi Caleb!:smile:

Thank you for your explanation. So how is studying there? Tell me more!:smile:
Hi I know this post was a while ago but I've just got an interview for philosophy at NCH and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it?!?! Thank you very much!!
Reply 25
Hey Kirsty,

Your interview will be much the same as the one I described above. You'll be given a stimulus material to read during your prep time. I'd imagine that philosophy will be involved somewhere (surprise!), yet you don't need to focus on any one area in terms of preparation. All you have to do is make some notes on the stimulus material and be prepared to discuss it with your interviewer. Simple, right?

The interview really isn't anything to be worried about, just keep calm and trust in your ability :smile:

After your interview you'll be brought down to the Senior Common Room, where you can talk to a current study studying your course, and any other potential students who are being interviewed on the day.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Caleb
Original post by CalebLK
Hey Kirsty,

Your interview will be much the same as the one I described above. You'll be given a stimulus material to read during your prep time. I'd imagine that philosophy will be involved somewhere (surprise!), yet you don't need to focus on any one area in terms of preparation. All you have to do is make some notes on the stimulus material and be prepared to discuss it with your interviewer. Simple, right?

The interview really isn't anything to be worried about, just keep calm and trust in your ability :smile:

After your interview you'll be brought down to the Senior Common Room, where you can talk to a current study studying your course, and any other potential students who are being interviewed on the day.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Caleb

Thank you very much!!! :smile:
Im in year 12 and really want to do international relations there but don't know if i have the best grades and extra curriculars :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending