Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    I don't think they can read.
    Please. Stop with generalizations.

ReputationRep:
    Why are any of the above (apart from looks, but then again a lot of their lives revolve around superficiality and tv reflected behaviour) so rare? It really is not much to ask for.
    Do you ever feel like people just become robots at some point in their lives and everyone is just the bloody same? I hate the group think. Same applies to guys too tbh.
    Because i was trying not to be subjective.. obviously i have my "type", and all other different things to do with personality and that are unique to that person play a part in how much i value them, but i'm not arrogant enough to think that just because someone isn't a match for me means they aren't necessarily a high quality girl.

I can meet a girl and appreciate her and think "i'm not interested in her, but i can see how she would be a catch for another guy, she's great".

Also, how can you say that those qualities aren't rare? most women want/would like to think they have these qualities or try to have these qualities, but very few have all of them together.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the vast majority of women are as vacuous as I claim them to be.

Most women I know are the most boring people in existence. They shop, they talk about Made in Chelsea, then they go out. Having lived with a lot of women and dated a few myself, I can claim what I am saying with some empirical proof. But since you are so adamant on defending womankind then i will let you have your empty rhetorical victory on the basis that i have no interest in talking about this with you since this thread was primarily aimed at men.

And you live in Canada, a different country. You are ignorant about the culture of the UK if you believe that what I say is not true.

"Home, university, shops, friends": they laze around and ***** about who they do not like, they then go to university because they have to. They shop because that is just what they want to do all of the time. And then they party. If this is not largely accurate then sue me. Maybe they will have an hour or so of cultured time because it looks nice on the cv, but it is just so ungenuine.
    your a snob and thats very unattractive to women even "cultured" women who fit into your ideal still dont like people who look down on others , oh and these women probably like shopping too and hanging out with friends too!

things dont always have to be serious all the time sometimes its nice to just have a laugh and watch tv where you dont have to think all the time

ReputationRep:
    I know the kind of women you mean; the 'Made in Chelsea' wannabe type. Can't stand them either...

ReputationRep:
    Good for you

ReputationRep:
    Its a combination of personality and looks. Not one versus the other.

I have studied with an Italian girl who is unbelievably pretty...she has a face that is good enough to model.

But when i talk to her, she is boring and not engaging at all (hell, maybe its just me, but i dont think so. She hardly talks to anyone freely from the course...just one or two girls). Its such a turn off.

No matter how physically attractive she is (and this Italian is really hot), it doesnt matter a jot if she doesnt have an exciting, engaging personality.

Conversely, the opposite can be true. Ive met girls whom originally i didnt think of see as attractive, but once getting to know them and their personality, i find myself attracted to.

I think you need a balance between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernme_)
    your a snob and thats very unattractive to women even "cultured" women who fit into your ideal still dont like people who look down on others , oh and these women probably like shopping too and hanging out with friends too!

things dont always have to be serious all the time sometimes its nice to just have a laugh and watch tv where you dont have to think all the time
    Exactly! Well put. I'm more into reading and travelling and going to museums and stuff than partying or watching silly TV dramas, I barely drink, don't sleep around and I was well-educated though I take care of my appearance, but I wouldn't touch OP or a guy who thought like him with a barge-pole because "high-quality" women tend not to like sexist pricks who generalise most of their gender as being "low-quality". (What a surprise! )

ReputationRep:
    I think my ideal high quality woman would be intellectually challenging, witty, kind-hearted. It also helps if she is interested in literature, history , politics, world affairs (passionate about areas like these). I am very attracted with women who flirt in a refined way instead of the usual drunken dialogue that occurs around nightclubs.
    So it's fair to say you won't be getting one flown over?

ReputationRep:
    Personally for me, I really value personality, a lot. I cannot stand the reality tv obssessed types of women and those who play stuck up posh (usually the delusional middle class who think they have money when in reality Mum and Dad are saddled with debt). I am friends with a lot of old Eton lads and they are some of the most normal guys I know, same goes with the girls from the very prestigious schools. I find the stuck up people tend to be the alumni from the lesser schools (i.e. the ordinary independent schools like the one I went to) just based on my personal experiences. Even if the girl is a 10 in looks I would not be attracted. Yes, I would have sex with them because physically they are attractive but otherwise I would totally ignore them because they are just ... wrong.

I think my ideal high quality woman would be intellectually challenging, witty, kind-hearted. It also helps if she is interested in literature, history , politics, world affairs (passionate about areas like these). I am very attracted with women who flirt in a refined way instead of the usual drunken dialogue that occurs around nightclubs. I honestly struggle to find girls who fit into these preferences.
    you've literally described myself,......joking

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they can read.
    I don't think you have a brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    I don't think you have a brain
    You're right, I am a machine.

ReputationRep:
    I think my ideal high quality woman would be intellectually challenging, witty, kind-hearted. It also helps if she is interested in literature, history , politics, world affairs (passionate about areas like these). I am very attracted with women who flirt in a refined way instead of the usual drunken dialogue that occurs around nightclubs. I honestly struggle to find girls who fit into these preferences.
    Regardless of whether the rest of your post was a bit tongue in cheek for a wind up I think this is pretty much spot on as a description of a high class woman.

Another point that I would add is self confidence, she should have a strong personality, not by being bossy but by being calmly assertive and not allowing people to disrespect her or people she is with.

I think there's a way a woman can dress too that is smouldering and sexy without having to show too much flesh....dark colours help, ie a nice navy or burgundy dress rather than pink/yellow etc.

I can't help but find women attractive if they have good conversation and are interested in things like what you said above - I think a lot of it comes from reading. If a woman reads a lot (including some non fiction) she will have good conversational topics. Or if she has an interesting job too.

When I was out in London last week I was chatting to two young women, they were both nice girls and attractive. The first girl's conversation was around stuff like "do you watch Mean Girls? OMG you have so got to watch Mean Girls!" and then a bit later was "do you watch One Tree Hill? OMG you have so got to watch One Tree Hill", and she kept checking her phone every 5 minutes and showing me stuff on her instagram / twitter (which she was obviously on all the time). Then the second girl had an interesting job which involved working on EU directive negotiations and we had a chat about the UK's relationship with the EU, she had a lot of opinions of her own but was also interested in finding out my views and some economics stuff that she didn't know. Then we talked about kindles and what fiction books we read (we had totally different tastes but there were some overlaps).

These girls were both the same age but they were just poles apart in how they came across in maturity and class. There will probably be girls on here reading this that say well the second girl sounds boring and they would have a lot more in common with the first, I am not saying there's anything wrong with the first just in terms of high class the second was miles ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Regardless of whether the rest of your post was a bit tongue in cheek for a wind up I think this is pretty much spot on as a description of a high class woman.

Another point that I would add is self confidence, she should have a strong personality, not by being bossy but by being calmly assertive and not allowing people to disrespect her or people she is with.

I think there's a way a woman can dress too that is smouldering and sexy without having to show too much flesh....dark colours help, ie a nice navy or burgundy dress rather than pink/yellow etc.

I can't help but find women attractive if they have good conversation and are interested in things like what you said above - I think a lot of it comes from reading. If a woman reads a lot (including some non fiction) she will have good conversational topics. Or if she has an interesting job too.

When I was out in London last week I was chatting to two young women, they were both nice girls and attractive. The first girl's conversation was around stuff like "do you watch Mean Girls? OMG you have so got to watch Mean Girls!" and then a bit later was "do you watch One Tree Hill? OMG you have so got to watch One Tree Hill", and she kept checking her phone every 5 minutes and showing me stuff on her instagram / twitter (which she was obviously on all the time). Then the second girl had an interesting job which involved working on EU directive negotiations and we had a chat about the UK's relationship with the EU, she had a lot of opinions of her own but was also interested in finding out my views and some economics stuff that she didn't know. Then we talked about kindles and what fiction books we read (we had totally different tastes but there were some overlaps).

These girls were both the same age but they were just poles apart in how they came across in maturity and class. There will probably be girls on here reading this that say well the second girl sounds boring and they would have a lot more in common with the first, I am not saying there's anything wrong with the first just in terms of high class the second was miles ahead.
    You have exactly the same preferences there as I do. Absolutely. From the dress sense to the conversational topics, manner and interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftPunch)
    Please. Stop with generalizations.
    I don't think he can think. :fyi:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.