Buying condoms Watch

Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why on earth would you find buying condoms embarrassing?

Personally when i buy them i'm always very happy, after-all it means i'm having sex.
Holby_fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get them online. You can get all sorts then that provide different sensations and stuff.
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't buy them, make them!
Out of wood and nails!

Spoiler:
Show
And ham.
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Toilet paper isn't embarrassing .... :lolwut:
Yeah, what's wrong with toilet paper!
I love toilet paper! :excited:
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
That's not true. Buying bulk online can actually be cheaper than instore.
Boots quite regularly have sales though, like 2 for 1 on the big packs. Depending how much sex you have get 2 for 1 several times and should last you til the next time it's on offer.
Kezza Wilson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get them online
That's what I do
Amazon sells them cheaply enough.
Spoiler:
Show
I'd link the actual link but I'm @ a library and I really don't want anyone seeing me looking up condoms
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kezza Wilson)
Get them online
That's what I do
Amazon sells them cheaply enough.
Spoiler:
Show
I'd link the actual link but I'm @ a library and I really don't want anyone seeing me looking up condoms
Ask one of the librarians to help you do it :sexface:
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Ask one of the librarians to help you do it :sexface:
Ssh! Softly softly now :creep:
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
Ssh! Softly softly now :creep:
Just to let you know, once I've gotten over my fetish for working-class men you'd better be dressing up as a librarian at some point :awesome:
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Just to let you know, once I've gotten over my fetish for working-class men you'd better be dressing up as a librarian at some point :awesome:
Oi, I am working class!
I'm a working class librarian :sexface: :whip:
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Why on earth would you find buying condoms embarrassing?

Personally when i buy them i'm always very happy, after-all it means i'm having sex.
This...I don't get it. The cashier is hardly going to be like "Look at this loser, he's gonna be having sex later! :teehee:" :rolleyes: It's really not a big deal OP. Also that website looks weird and dodgy...just buy them via Amazon/Boots or something.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
Oi, I am working class!

I'm a working class librarian :sexface: :whip:
I meant blue-collar. Like a fireman or construction worker (check out my previous threads ) :sexface:
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by J-Norton93)
Thanks everyone. I dunno why I'm nervous... I don't even use them yet but hopefully will need to soon if things go right with the current GF! It's just embarrassing, I get nervous really. Self checkout may work just don't want any confrontation. Ta.
Anon fail, lol.

You still also haven't told us whether you are over the age of consent...
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
Anon fail, lol.

You still also haven't told us whether you are over the age of consent...
He has 93 in his username, so providing that's his year of birth I'd assume he is :beard:
Kezza Wilson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
He has 93 in his username, so providing that's his year of birth I'd assume he is :beard:
Girl doing calculations. What is this? :eek:
Spoiler:
Show
I joke
Spoiler:
Show
Or do I?
Spoiler:
Show
I do
Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tcrumpen)
If you're embrassed about getting condoms then you're not ready for sex, they are just condoms it's not like you're going out and buy a pack of 5 sex toys, they are just condoms, if you go in store use cash if you don't want paper trail
Shy people get embarased with stuff like this. That doesn't mean they can't have sex...
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A) You're not ready for sex if you're embarrassed by this.
B) It's not jonny's. You are probably still too young for sex if you can't make plurals yet. You just change the word ending to -ies. English isn't even a difficult language in this respect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_plurals
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 394130)
A) You're not ready for sex if you're embarrassed by this.
B) It's not jonny's. You are probably still too young for sex if you can't make plurals yet. You just change the word ending to -ies. English isn't even a difficult language in this respect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_plurals
Wow - someone made a mistake and this means they can't have sex. Damn, no sex for me for a long time if that was true (No-one writes code without making mistakes)

(Original post by Tcrumpen)
If you're embrassed about getting condoms then you're not ready for sex, they are just condoms it's not like you're going out and buy a pack of 5 sex toys, they are just condoms, if you go in store use cash if you don't want paper trail
(Original post by Democracy)
Several things:

1) It has been said that if you're embarrassed about buying condoms, you're probably not mature enough to be having sex - just something to consider.
I disagree with this - even excluding people with medical-criteria anxiety, someone who is socially anxious may worry more about being judged by people / worry about what other people think of them. This may not have any link with how the person is in a relationship, with someone who they trust and are more comfortable with. Anxiety is not always rational - and generally society tells us that sex is something that needs to be kept private, therefore doing something related to sex publicly (buying condoms) is seen as something you will be judged for I feel.

If what you say is true, why do sexual health clinics for instance give out condoms in plain bags? Surely if people shouldn't be embarrassed about buying (/obtaining) condoms, they should give them out in their original packaging or similar. (I admit there may be other reasons to use non-original packaging, but I am certain that one of the reasons is so it is discreet.)

(Original post by J-Norton93)
Thanks everyone. I dunno why I'm nervous... I don't even use them yet but hopefully will need to soon if things go right with the current GF! It's just embarrassing, I get nervous really. Self checkout may work just don't want any confrontation. Ta.
Self-service should be fine. However, I would personally advice going to a drop-in sexual health clinic (either NHS or uni-based if you are at uni). That way, you will be registered for if you need sexual health screening, and once you are registered, you usually can just drop in, ask for some condoms, get given them in a paper bag, and then you are on your way.
Tomsta
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Wow - someone made a mistake and this means they can't have sex. Damn, no sex for me for a long time if that was true (No-one writes code without making mistakes)

I disagree with this - even excluding people with medical-criteria anxiety, someone who is socially anxious may worry more about being judged by people / worry about what other people think of them. This may not have any link with how the person is in a relationship, with someone who they trust and are more comfortable with. Anxiety is not always rational - and generally society tells us that sex is something that needs to be kept private, therefore doing something related to sex publicly (buying condoms) is seen as something you will be judged for I feel.

If what you say is true, why do sexual health clinics for instance give out condoms in plain bags? Surely if people shouldn't be embarrassed about buying (/obtaining) condoms, they should give them out in their original packaging or similar. (I admit there may be other reasons to use non-original packaging, but I am certain that one of the reasons is so it is discreet.)

Self-service should be fine. However, I would personally advice going to a drop-in sexual health clinic (either NHS or uni-based if you are at uni). That way, you will be registered for if you need sexual health screening, and once you are registered, you usually can just drop in, ask for some condoms, get given them in a paper bag, and then you are on your way.
(Original post by Hanvyj)
Shy people get embarased with stuff like this. That doesn't mean they can't have sex...
I have anxiety issues and am i got embrassed about this when i went try and buy some for the furst time, looking back i actually really wasn't ready untill i actually bought them i wasn't ready, not being embrassed buying them is the first step
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hanvyj)
The whole point of going to self-service is because he's embarrassed about someone watching him buy condoms. If there was an age check, even if he was over the age required, someone will still have to come up, guess his age against what he's buying. That's what OP wants to avoid.

His age is irrelevant.

Also.... do you really think he shouldn't be asking that on TSR? I know it might be a shock to you, but 15 year olds do have sex. Everyone knows this, no one really cares. That's why you can get on the pill when you are 12 if you want. It's better we have healthy, non-pregnant 15 year olds than uphold some stupid outdated law that no one has ever been convicted on and everyone ignores.

OP: Buy online. It's loads cheaper. We used to have to buy in bulk as students, the more you get the cheaper it is. Obviously it's not worth getting packs of 100 if you aren't in a long-term relationship though.
I know what he wants to avoid, yet as well as any potential 'age check' (there are none as far as I'm aware) condoms are usually security tagged because of the price.

Do you really think age (or maturity, more correctly) is irrelevant? Do you not consider that someone embarrassed to buy condoms and, reminiscent of infantile playground raillery, calling them 'jonny's', maybe should take a step back and just grow up a bit? What about toilet roll? Self-service because we **** on a daily basis? Underwear because we need something to cover our genitals?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads