The Student Room Group

How many rejections did you recieve before securing a TC?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Endless Blue
Sorry to interject, but even from a cursory glance you appear to have done very well in securing TCs. What would you mainly attribute that to?

Strong grades, well-thought out application answers, extreme networking, research.
Reply 21
Original post by MadeThisUp
Have you got a TC now?

Yep, I'm all sorted. :yy:
Reply 22
Original post by arrowhead
Strong grades, well-thought out application answers, extreme networking, research.

You did very well, I agree. Others here should listen to what you have to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Key123
You did very well, I agree. Others here should listen to what you have to say

Thanks, I guess.

If anyone does have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Reply 24
Original post by MadeThisUp
interesting to see you didn't get any interviews for TCs in 2011. Did you have much legal experience when you applied?
Am I right in thinking that although VSs are more competitive, they tend to take on people with less legal experience?

I didn't for that round, no. Later that summer I had 4 weeks work experience at a large commercial/corporate in-house team which will have boosted my applications for the next round of VS.

VS are obviously competitive as the best candidates will often do a few of them. They probably are a little more inclined to offer a good candidate with less legal experience a VS rather than give out a straight TC offer as it gives them a good chance to see more of you and also to give you a chance to reconfirm your decision type of firm is the right fit for you. It is often difficult to appreciate the different feel and traits of firms until you have been inside one and a VS is a good way to test the waters for someone without the experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending