Current maths students: did you do better in STEP or AEA? Watch

A Pink Monster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JASONDILL)
Merit in AEA or grade 2 in STEP 1?
Ummm... Not sure your question is really a question? :P Are you asking which is easier to achieve?
JASONDILL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A Pink Monster)
Ummm... Not sure your question is really a question? :P Are you asking which is easier to achieve? :)
pretty much =). think answer is obviously aea merit
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mathsfanatic123)
Sorry to bother you, but I have another quick question, I have at this point in time been taught all of core 1 and decision 1 and further pure 1, and a third of S1,C2. I have the next three weeks off, if I were to dedicate 6 hours a day every day to studying maths, would I be able to self teach the rest of Core 2, Statistics 1 and then teach myself Core 3 and 4 as well stats 2. Do you think that would be possible? Thanks in advance
You mean to do the exam or just to learn?

Either way I don't think you could, nor do I believe that it is a good idea. I think that you'd definitely be able to finish C2 and S1, and get a decent way through C3, but C3 Trig is very lengthy, if you want to learn it to competent level. Plus C3 Differentiation will also take a while to become second nature.

The same is true with C4 - Most of it is very doable in a week (Chapters 1-4), but Integration + Vectors may take a bit more to properly understand.
A Pink Monster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JASONDILL)
pretty much =). think answer is obviously aea merit
Unless you really don't like/aren't good at AEA, then yes, you are right; a merit in AEA is definitely easier to achieve than a 2 in Step I
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (56)
5.72%
Fairly positive (304)