Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyYYYY)
    A wild troll appears.
    Hardly.

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation at college. I finally came out of my comfort zone today. it was nerve wracking at first but after approaching three girls I realised that it is not as hard as you make it to be. trust me, do not listen to what your mind is saying by making invalid excuses such as she is on her phone or she is with her friend. just do it. it is easier said than done. good luck.

ReputationRep:
    im 16 , dont have a girlfriend and whats worse go to an all boy school. But dont worry youl have plenty of opportunities so pipe down you got a long way to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    If you haven't had one by 16, then usually you'll be in the foreveralone club forever. Regardless of what everyone here is saying, most normal people have done all that by now. BAD LUCK.
    And again, this is why neg rep was useful, a joke post appears useful with 2 thumbs up next to it without neg rep :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Is okay, is completely normal to not have a girlfriend at 16. You shouldn't judge yourself based on your friends...just because all your friends had girlfriends doesn't mean you need one.

If you think you have a nice character then why do you worry so much? A relationship will naturally happen if the conditions are right. But going to a boy school does limit your chances...i used to go to a boy school as well!

Next time you see a girl you like, just start talking to her and eventually build up your confidence to ask her out!

ReputationRep:
    No Bassetts, I am astounded :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a boyfriend! I'm a 18YO white middle-class straight male and I just can't seem to get a boyfriend. What's going on?
    (PARODY)

ReputationRep:
    your still young. just don't make the mistake of rushing into things because you feel you need to get into a relationship..if you do that the relationship will stand on pretty meaningless grounds and its hard to make a good relationship from that just wait it will come

ReputationRep:
    act like a confident prick and don't put pussy on a pedestal. although that can be difficult if you aren't a natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Hardly.
    You were being serious?

http://replygif.net/i/939.gif

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year of uni and there are people my age that still haven't had a girlfriend or boyfriend. Sounds like you haven't met someone you're willing to make the effort to ask/go out with yet. It's a horrible feeling when everyone else seems to have one and you don't but honestly don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    And again, this is why neg rep was useful, a joke post appears useful with 2 thumbs up next to it without neg rep :facepalm:
    (Original post by DannyYYYY)
    You were being serious?

http://replygif.net/i/939.gif
    It wasn't a joke, it was completely serious. And it's very naive to deny that it's true, but I guess you don't understand what it's like to be in this position and are just commenting randomly; the positive brigade out in force. TSR's very own positive moderating team deleted my post for not being positive enough. Laughable.

ReputationRep:
    16 black hair black eyes 5'7 people tell me I'm good looking like parents friends teachers and Friends and I know some girls that like me and want me to ask them out but heres the problem... They only like me because I look good like my clothes face except really I'm bad at striking a conversation and making it last. And also one big thing I'm bad at making people laugh especially girls.. So I have anxiety too just got it this year but I'm taking medication and getting better and also I look like I had many of gfs and breakups well thats what my friends think and guys and girls which sucks.. Cause really I have never kissed a girl my age and have a girlfriend. The only love thig is when I was 12 and flirted THATS IT but we were young so it dont count.. HELP ME PLEASE Everyone excepts me to have a wife and kids and everyone thinks I have had alot of past gfs and that I look like I can get a gf easily but its my personality... All I have is LOOKS!!!! HELP ME PLSSS -Diego 16 yrs old

ReputationRep:
    Dude, everyone here saying "You're only 16" etc. is wrong. If you don't become proactive, 16 will soon turn into 60.

ReputationRep:
    Look mate,

I am 18 and I have never had a girlfriend or a first kiss ect ect.

All my friends have, I used to worry about this but recently I have realised that it means nothing in the long run.

I know that girls notice me and like me but that's because I have taken the time my friends have been chasing girls to develop my own sense of style in clothes and music which had made me far happier as a person. I took the time to learn new skills and learn the guitar.

Why? Because you need to be happy with yourself and not compare yourself to other people.

Trust me when I say I know exactly how you feel, I know it sucks but this is prime time to improve yourself to make yourself happier which might just attract someone.
    I am confident for the future, do I know if I will meet someone? No. But I see no reason why I can't in the future with someone I can spend the rest of my life with.

Remember, it might just be your environment. If you say everyone is in a relationship, which I doubt, then there is nothing you can do but wait for the situation to chase by forcing it to. But you are only 16 so I wouldn't worry to much at the moment.

You will be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 this year and I've never had a boyfriend and I'm still alive aha. It seems like such a massive deal when you're in your mid teens but looking back its really not. You just got to live your life and someone will come along eventually when it's right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Locked as this thread is over a year old

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.