Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    guys, do you think I should change my number? Or just keep the same one?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should change my number?

ReputationRep:
    <td><input type="text" name="phone" id="phone" value=01252443112"<?php echo KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsscotts _contact['phone']); ?>" size="47" />
    <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldHint("phone");?> <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("scotts_conta ct", "phone"); ?></DataRequest_complete>

If you got that in a text you'd be concerned right? I actually have no idea what that is, I copy pasted it from the internet.

If he had your iCloud/apple ID he could track your phone via GPS, possibly take your contact details, but website accounts from your phone though? Nah, anything else would need some proper hacking skills which I doubt he has, and a text like that would be laughed at by a pro, why leave evidence of hacking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    <td><input type="text" name="phone" id="phone" value=01252443112"<?php echo KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsscotts _contact['phone']); ?>" size="47" />
    <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldHint("phone");?> <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("scotts_conta ct", "phone"); ?></DataRequest_complete>

If you got that in a text you'd be concerned right? I actually have no idea what that is, I copy pasted it from the internet.

If he had your iCloud/apple ID he could track your phone via GPS, possibly take your contact details, but website accounts from your phone though? Nah, anything else would need some proper hacking skills which I doubt he has, and a text like that would be laughed at by a pro, why leave evidence of hacking?
    So do you think it hasn't been hacked? He definitely doesn't have my iCloud or apple id details.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved this and merged it into your other thread in Mobile Phones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermelabouche)
    So do you think it hasn't been hacked? He definitely doesn't have my iCloud or apple id details.
    There's a chance that the email I got from the president of Nigeria offering to wire me $10,000,000 is legitimate, however it is very unlikely.

I don't want to say your phone isn't hacked, because it might have been, but it's as likely as the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermelabouche)
    What do you mean? This is a serious issue
    Serious issue? Well you should do something like this
    1. Remove junk files.
    2. Use antivirus to check your system.
    3. Reboot your phone.
    If that still doesn't work, just go see the experts.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were hacked and he did show it to your parents, there is nothing that proves it isn't just a list of websites that he has typed into a document. :confused: Nothing links it to you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 28, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.