anyone have their own website that makes money? Watch

COPYRIGHT
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Start writing a blog. Then sign up to an affiliate network or skim links and add in the code they give you. When someone clicks on an ad and buys something you will get a commission. Or get google adsense and add that to your site, when someone clicks it you will get like 0.01p.

If you need any more info let me know.
Afradeetee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iainvg)
500? You're dreaming; HUKD already provides exactly what you do, with the exception being their's is already so well used, you've not a hope in hell of competing, not to mention the tie ins with Quidco and similar.
Not entirely true, not if you can give a unique angle.. The market is huge and there are plenty of other's who are making money from it, just need to find your USP and hit it hard!
doncht
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think today, adsense is one of the legal and popular way of earning money for your website. You just need to post new contents and at the same time, you will have unique visitors per day.
nuledgm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A couple of years ago, I created a website on the WordPress platform and utilised Google's Adsense program. The website was standing for about 12 months, my peak month in Adsense earnings was roughly £800.

Generally speaking, WordPress was (and still is, I assume, not used it as much recently) fantastic, it is clean and has many built in facilities that help you get noticed by search engines, which result in more visitors to your site, visitors that'll click your adverts and earn you money.

It's not so easy nowadays however, updates to search algorithms mean that you need to write dedicated content on an ageing domain in order to rank higher, as they're deemed the more reliable.
doncht
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not me but I'm still thinking about starting one. Basically this can be done by using Adsense.
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thinking of doing one in the lines of pokemon.

Its going to be browser based mmorpg while in the mean time thinking about which programming language to learn next.

Right now im simply working on layout using various open source tools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
member1753327
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very hard to create a website with the intent to monetise, maybe in the long run if you have some luck, however there are ways using some unethical techniques such as boosting SEO and email spam, but I would not condone that, especially on a forum like this.
dantte
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah...
I had a blog about educational tips. And earnd a good amount. I sold it out for 3000$. I had 40 000 uniq visits per month at time of selling.
I have started a blog StupidCodez.com recently. Sharing my knoledge and experience. Hope it will lead some extra money. But main terget to get some ew client. U know a client per month means large amount then selling ads or benners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.3%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.49%

Watched Threads