Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brendo)
    Main reason I am applying to UK is because I screwed the umat. (Well not screwed but wasn't enough to get into med) got 173, but didn't get 50 in all sections (got 48 in middle section). And I'm not a rural student, so don't get any free marks.

Yeh offers are around early jan (depending on the state) (already got one from UTAS) might have to just take law/bio med and try for medicine in 4 years time if I don't get into UK.
    Or you could go on a gap year and reapply to UK universities, Monash and I'm sure there are other universities in Australia that accept gap year students? I heard Monash accepts those to apply who is within 2 years after leaving high school, but has not started a tertiary degree anywhere before.

On the side note, what did 173 convert to in percentile, I also did the UMAT, got 188 - 95 percentile luckily with dead 50 in S2 which made the cutoff barely.

I think UNSW (or was it UWS, I can't exactly remember) requires less for UMAT? A person I know with 59 in s1 received an interview offer for this years round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bomb)
    Or you could go on a gap year and reapply to UK universities, Monash and I'm sure there are other universities in Australia that accept gap year students? I heard Monash accepts those to apply who is within 2 years after leaving high school, but has not started a tertiary degree anywhere before.

On the side note, what did 173 convert to in percentile, I also did the UMAT, got 188 - 95 percentile luckily with dead 50 in S2 which made the cutoff barely.

I think UNSW (or was it UWS, I can't exactly remember) requires less for UMAT? A person I know with 59 in s1 received an interview offer for this years round.
    Yeh, I got all the right marks but in the wrong sections
    got 57 48 68
    I think it translated to around 75%, will be applying to bond in march as well.
    Already taken one gap year, don't really want to start another, I'd rather be at uni. I really hope I get into the UK, (didn't apply last year to uk because I was in the process of doing biology). Also looked at Royal college of surgeons in Ireland, but it costs around 80k a year in aud, you need a small fortune to be able to afford that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brendo)
    Yeh, I got all the right marks but in the wrong sections
    got 57 48 68
    I think it translated to around 75%, will be applying to bond in march as well.
    Already taken one gap year, don't really want to start another, I'd rather be at uni. I really hope I get into the UK, (didn't apply last year to uk because I was in the process of doing biology). Also looked at Royal college of surgeons in Ireland, but it costs around 80k a year in aud, you need a small fortune to be able to afford that.
    Is that not what it cost roughly to study medicine in the UK as an international? I know for Cambridge adding on other costs it costs around 47k pounds per year.

Ahh, didn't notice you were on gap year.

Anyways, good luck on your application and hopefully we'd both get in.

ReputationRep:
    Singaporean here.

Applied for edinburgh, aberdeen, barts and kings.
    Ukcat 810

Anyone heard anything yet? all the best everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fees alone are 75k a year (aud) at RCSI
    Then you have to factor in living expenses etc, it really becomes unaffordable.

Yeh good luck, sometimes that is what it takes.
    If i was a non australian, I would consider applying to AUS as well as the UK. Our uni's are just as good and I think it is easier for international students to get in (we have more spots available)
    anyway good luck all, rejection seems to go hand in hand with applying to medicine

ReputationRep:
    Singaporean here
    Applied to kings Glasgow Manchester ucl

UKCAT: 707.5
    BMAT: TBD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zheyuan)
    Singaporean here
    Applied to kings Glasgow Manchester ucl

UKCAT: 707.5
    BMAT: TBD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yayyy another Singaporean

Nope, haven't heard anything... it honestly sucks seeing the EU/UK ppl getting interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kfenrick)
    British Columbia! How about you??
    Also, I just got my first interview offer this morning to St. George's (Interview in Jan)

Good luck everyone!! It's (clearly) going to be a long wait but hopefully we'll all get a place somewhere!!!

P.S Congrats on your interview offer!!!! Just out of interest - how on Mars did you apply to SGUL!?!? I thought they only take in Home/EU students and you'd have to sit the GAMSAT? No?

ReputationRep:
    So many Singaporean applicants! Haha.. Best of luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Good luck everyone!! It's (clearly) going to be a long wait but hopefully we'll all get a place somewhere!!!

P.S Congrats on your interview offer!!!! Just out of interest - how on Mars did you apply to SGUL!?!? I thought they only take in Home/EU students and you'd have to sit the GAMSAT? No?
    I ended up applying to the International Graduate program. I wasn't too keen on it, as you have to do years 3 & 4 in the States, but it seemed like I would have a really good shot of getting in if all the other schools fell through.
    You have to have written the GAMSAT or MCAT, and I had written the MCAT for Canadian universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Malaysian applicant here, first one on this thread woooo! I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham and Southampton. Got an interview at Cambridge in december.

Ukcat - 3010 total
    Bmat - tbc

Good luck to you all, it will be tough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natlynn96)
    Hi guys! Malaysian applicant here, first one on this thread woooo! I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham and Southampton. Got an interview at Cambridge in december.

Ukcat - 3010 total
    Bmat - tbc

Good luck to you all, it will be tough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you get in the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    Any interview invitations guys? Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    Any interview invitations guys? Best of luck!
    Nope I've heard nothing!
    When will the waiting come to an end...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bomb)
    What did you get in the BMAT?
    6.2 5.5 2B
    I've lost hope for imperial :'(
    How about you? Bet you did amazingly!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I'm a foreigner but studying in Singapore. I got 5.9 6.4 4A for BMAT and applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and King's.

On a side note, anyone here also applying to the US universities? If I don't get any offer, is it wise to go to the states for an undergraduate study and apply to the UK and US medical schools later? (US medical schools are graduate-entry only)

All the best everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v.kritchai)
    Hey all,

I'm a foreigner but studying in Singapore. I got 5.9 6.4 4A for BMAT and applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and King's.

On a side note, anyone here also applying to the US universities? If I don't get any offer, is it wise to go to the states for an undergraduate study and apply to the UK and US medical schools later? (US medical schools are graduate-entry only)

All the best everyone!
    I've applied to Cambridge and Imperial too!
    Which college Cambridge have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natlynn96)
    6.2 5.5 2B
    I've lost hope for imperial :'(
    How about you? Bet you did amazingly!
    Barely meets the Imperial cutoff myself (unless they raise the s3)

I got 6.8 8.7 2.5A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic2233)
    I've applied to Cambridge and Imperial too!
    Which college Cambridge have you applied for?
    I applied to St John's. Just received an interview offer last night How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v.kritchai)
    I applied to St John's. Just received an interview offer last night How about you?
    yes me too!! What r ur stats like?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2014

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.