The Student Room Group

The BBC lied about tiananmen square massacre. What else had they lied to us?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GnomeMage
im just letting you know that he didnt got run over by the tank as speculated

Then call them up and ask for a retraction, instead of mixing it up here with all your lonely virgin threads.
Original post by Clip
Then call them up and ask for a retraction, instead of mixing it up here with all your lonely virgin threads.

The report doesn't call it a massacre, and doesn't state or even infer the man was run over by the tank - so nothing to retract.
Reply 22
Original post by ageshallnot
The report doesn't call it a massacre, and doesn't state or even infer the man was run over by the tank - so nothing to retract.

okay i am so touched that i cried. there are tears running down my cheeks now and my shirt is all wet.
Reply 23

It was rhetorical. I'm telling DwarfPaladin to ask for a retraction if he is so firm in his belief in journalistic integrity vis-a-vis the PRC. There won't be one, because as you state - he's spouting rubbish.
okay i am so touched that i cried. there are tears running down my cheeks now and my shirt is all wet.

So basically your whole argument falls. Why don't you apologise instead of posting the equivalent of 'whatever'?
Reply 25
So basically your whole argument falls. Why don't you apologise instead of posting the equivalent of 'whatever'?

lol u didnt understand sacarsm
Yes I do. Your response was childish - like a toddler, or perhaps a teenager caught in a lie.

Or perhaps you think it is 'clever' to make claims in a post then completely fail to back them up? Sounds like an attempt to manipulate people's views? (And that is ironic, isn't it?)
Reply 27
Yes I do. Your response was childish - like a toddler, or perhaps a teenager caught in a lie.

Or perhaps you think it is 'clever' to make claims in a post then completely fail to back them up? Sounds like an attempt to manipulate people's views? (And that is ironic, isn't it?)

sounds like bbc and cnn.

point already made in thread and video provided. there was no such thing as tank running over that cool dude there.
Reply 28
*yawn* who cares exactly? I don't and why do you?
I want to know why is the US hunting down wikileaks and edward snowden like madman

Yeh because once the square massacre is found to be false then the government and elites will fall
sounds like bbc and cnn.

point already made in thread and video provided. there was no such thing as tank running over that cool dude there.

Looks like you missed my point about irony?

You have NOT made the point. Everyone knows that the guy wasn't run over and the report doesn't suggest that. Yet you try to claim that this was done by the 'biased BBC'. When challenged on this, you retreated to 'they called it the Tienanmen Square massacre' - but they didn't in either case.

You have a very strange view of how to argue a case.
Reply 31

You have NOT made the point. Everyone knows that the guy wasn't run over and the report doesn't suggest that. Yet you try to claim that this was done by the 'biased BBC'. When challenged on this, you retreated to 'they called it the Tienanmen Square massacre' - but they didn't in either case.

Everyone, after this thread.
This thread should be renamed to GnomeMage lies about Tiananmen Square
Everyone, after this thread.

You really haven't got a clue, have you? I honestly pity those trying to teach you...
Reply 34
You really haven't got a clue, have you? I honestly pity those trying to teach you...

i pity those who believe religiously in everything BBC says
Original post by Alfissti
*yawn* who cares exactly? I don't and why do you?
Because he is a Chinese Nationalist.

Therefore, as a nationalist, it is his patriotic duty to defend the motherland from insult and take credit for the work of other Chinese people past, present and future
i pity those who believe religiously in everything BBC says

I pity those who believe religiously in anything. But that's not my point. You deliberately put forward a false argument, knowing it to be false, all in the case of propaganda.
Reply 37

okay just read this fully. The video only showed part of the news and not what it entirely said.

It did not showed the full footage of the tank man but you can find BBC's full stance on here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/china_politics/key_people_events/html/9.stm

This was the brutal crushing of pro-democracy demonstrations in 1989, when troops and police killed several hundred unarmed people around Beijing's most famous square.

with the same picture beside.
Reply 38
I pity those who believe religiously in anything. But that's not my point. You deliberately put forward a false argument, knowing it to be false, all in the case of propaganda.

Dont tell me about it. Tell the BBC. assuming that they would listen to you. I wont even try to ask for a retraction.
Reply 39
Original post by DorianGrayism
Because he is a Chinese Nationalist.

Therefore, as a nationalist, it is his patriotic duty to defend the motherland from insult and take credit for the work of other Chinese people past, present and future

The chinese nationalist is currently residing in Taiwan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuomintang

and they have absolutely nothing to do and even joined in to condemn the incident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending