Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have you guys done evaluative task on "Determination of a formula".. i dont know what could come up as its soooo vague....
    please help!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayesha_17)
    I am doing the enthalpy evaluative task tomorrow! Please can someone help me on calculating percentage uncertainties I don't know what to do when combining them. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was it? i'm doing it the week after! anything in particular i have to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr boombang)
    have you guys done evaluative task on "Determination of a formula".. i dont know what could come up as its soooo vague....
    please help!!!!!
    Have you done it yet? I'm doing it next week I think, how are you revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DS_DOOM)
    Have you done it yet? I'm doing it next week I think, how are you revising for it?
    erm basically revise moles calculations, percentage error, balancing redox equations and u'll be fine.. the rest are some worded questions tht r worth 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara16)
    I'm doing the volumes of gases evaluative paper on Friday.
    I've revised molar calcualtions & percentage errors & balancing redox reactions, but I was wondering if there's anything else screaming out that I've missed?
    My teacher suggested looking over any practicals in unit one that produce a gas,
    I came up with acid + carbonate and acid + metal..... are those it?

Thank you! Please Help!
    the last question is a tick box and the answer is same voume and greater volume, the question before that is a balancing reaction thing between mgc03 and nitric acid so learn that. the question before that is a question asking how much gas is supposed to be produced and you add 120 and 50 together, the first question is what was the error, the answer is there is no water, then the next question after that is some moles question and you have to work out why mgco3 the acid is in excess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a chemistry qualitative on friday, but i don't know what it is about. something to do with alkali. pls help

ReputationRep:
    I revised the wrong task we're doing a different evaluative in a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    hi where can i find the answers for this past paper?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys has anyone of you done quantitative task on identifying carboxylic acids?! if you have can please help me on what to revise and what could come up!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    erm basically revise moles calculations, percentage error, balancing redox equations and u'll be fine.. the rest are some worded questions tht r worth 5 marks
    What do you mean some worded questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistoclock)
    What do you mean some worded questions?
    i mean like they are not calculation based i think its like evaluating whats happening in tht practical so make sure u read it carefully and understand whts going on really well..

ReputationRep:
    I am doing chemistry OCR GCE A and I have my evaluative on tuesday and it is on enthalpy with alcohol burners etc.
    Please can I have some advice or tips?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys has anyone of you done quantitative task on identifying carboxylic acids?! if you have can please help me on what to revise and what could come up!! thanks
    Hey have you done it? Could you please tell me what it is on? Thanks so much xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-only-live-once)
    Hey have you done it? Could you please tell me what it is on? Thanks so much xx
    If i'm right i think we did this one before christmas, its a simple redox titration, nothing to worry about, normal ensuring no mass of solid is lost and clean equipment, the end point is really clear. Just read the script and make sure you give your answers to the right number of sig figs (they make it blindingly obvious) don't worry about it's very similar to AS titrations.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, has anyone of you done evaluative task on "identifying two organic compounds"... i think its the one with the spectroscopy in but not sure!! anyways if you have can you please help me on what to revise and also some tips would be nice!!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DS_DOOM)
    Oh okay, that's a pretty low average :curious:
    Got my mark today, and I got 15/15!
    Think I may have been the only one in my class to get it!
    Hey, do you mind sharing what was on the coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayesha_17)
    I am doing the enthalpy evaluative task tomorrow! Please can someone help me on calculating percentage uncertainties I don't know what to do when combining them. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey! how did you find it? would you be able to recall any questions? doing mine very soon!x

ReputationRep:
    I have my evaluative tomorrow and it is on enthalpy of combustion of methanol

has anyone done it, please can I have some advice or tips?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    This thread is now locked.

As per our rules, any questions asking for details about the ISA shall be removed and the user issued a warning. Any user found sharing ISA details shall also receive a warning. Since this is coursework, we feel that the marks best reflect yourself when it is the work you put in.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.