The Student Room Group

How to look my age?

Scroll to see replies

I have the same problem - I look 16 when I am actually 22. I've found that even wearing makeup and clothing that are more "adult" doesn't help and people just thing I'm a teenager desperately trying to look older than my age. To be honest, the only thing that you can do is act your age and keep your maturity in check.

You say that you're young for your age though, which makes me think that people may believe you look younger simply because you act younger.
Original post by canadamoose
I have the same problem - I look 16 when I am actually 22. I've found that even wearing makeup and clothing that are more "adult" doesn't help and people just thing I'm a teenager desperately trying to look older than my age. To be honest, the only thing that you can do is act your age and keep your maturity in check.

You say that you're young for your age though, which makes me think that people may believe you look younger simply because you act younger.

Thank you and defo agree about the teenager desperately trying to look older! I look like a spoilt 12 year old. strutting around in heels and holding a clutch! I don't really specifically 'act' younger, its just the way I am! So, I don't really know how to 'act' older?
Reply 22
You may hate looking young for your age now but in the long run you will love it as lets say when you are 35 you will hopefuly look nothing more than a day over 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
You may hate looking young for your age now but in the long run you will love it as lets say when you are 35 you will hopefuly look nothing more than a day over 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, true, I guess! ^^
I feel your pain OP, it sucks, I'm 17 as well and have a baby face plus I'm only 5ft which makes me look even younger! I do wear heavy eyeliner but nothing else, I look like a kid dressing up :frown:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you

i love how chicks love turning their faces into paintings
Original post by Lone tiger
i love how chicks love turning their faces into paintings

I love it, my face is my canvas to create lovely works upon
Don't let it bother you.
I've been told i have a baby face, in fact I know I do.
People sometimes say I look 17/18 (I'm 23).
When I was younger it used to before me, but it doesn't anymore. I act my age, I'm confident, so it doesn't before me.
On the plus side, when I get to 30+, I'm gonna look younger!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Standard Procedure
Don't let it bother you.
I've been told i have a baby face, in fact I know I do.
People sometimes say I look 17/18 (I'm 23).
When I was younger it used to before me, but it doesn't anymore. I act my age, I'm confident, so it doesn't before me.
On the plus side, when I get to 30+, I'm gonna look younger!

Fair enough and thank you!

Original post by luckylaurax
I feel your pain OP, it sucks, I'm 17 as well and have a baby face plus I'm only 5ft which makes me look even younger! I do wear heavy eyeliner but nothing else, I look like a kid dressing up :frown:

:five: I look like a goth with heavy eyeliner, so tend to stay away from it and embrace my 12 year old look :tongue:
Do you have a nice bum and chest, or a nice figure in general?
If you do, the way you dress will show that you are a lot older. But if you really want to look "old", you have to wear a lot of makeup lol and its not even worth it..

Most of the time, it is due to the way you dress that people might consider you young.
Original post by a chinese loser
Do you have a nice bum and chest, or a nice figure in general?
If you do, the way you dress will show that you are a lot older. But if you really want to look "old", you have to wear a lot of makeup lol and its not even worth it..

Most of the time, it is due to the way you dress that people might consider you young.

Well, I guess, but even if I dress accordingly: I just look like an overdeveloped 12 year old and I don't really want to look 'old', per se, just my age! Thank you though
Original post by nivvy21
Hellooo, again!

Frequent thread maker, I know :yep:

Basically, im really short anyway, so people mistake me for being about 12 (if im lucky), when im 17!

Been told I have a baby face? Not sure though, since I don't really have any cheeks!
I guess I don't dress like a 17 year old should?
Since I'm a child at heart, I don't really 'act' 17 either

Any suggestions on looking, acting, dressing my age please?

Embrace it! When I was your age I was exactly the same, just used to wear shorts and a vest to try to make myself look older. Use light make up and in about 5 years, if you still look younger, you'll be the envy of everyone you know :wink:. Honestly, don't take it as a bad thing :smile:, it can only be positive!
Original post by Ggmu!
It'll pay off, just ride it out.

I dunno, I'm 25 and I still look like a baby, it gets a little annoying eventually. :redface:
Original post by cinnamon&cheese
Embrace it! When I was your age I was exactly the same, just used to wear shorts and a vest to try to make myself look older. Use light make up and in about 5 years, if you still look younger, you'll be the envy of everyone you know :wink:. Honestly, don't take it as a bad thing :smile:, it can only be positive!

Thanks, will embrace it! I don't really wear shorts and vests, though

Original post by BlackCoffee88
I dunno, I'm 25 and I still look like a baby, it gets a little annoying eventually. :redface:

Ah, maan, im annoyed now, imagine how annoyed ill be when im 25!
Original post by nivvy21
Well, I guess, but even if I dress accordingly: I just look like an overdeveloped 12 year old and I don't really want to look 'old', per se, just my age! Thank you though

If you act your age, be confident in yourself, then people will think you look your age.

Sure, people you don't know will think your younger based on appearance alone, but once they get to know you, or people already know you, will know from your maturity and your actions that your older than you look.
Original post by Standard Procedure
If you act your age, be confident in yourself, then people will think you look your age.

Sure, people you don't know will think your younger based on appearance alone, but once they get to know you, or people already know you, will know from your maturity and your actions that your older than you look.

So, confidence is key! Thanks!
Also, everyone moans when they get ID'ed. Perhaps it's because I work in a supermarket, but I don't see it as a big deal- it's challenge 25, so of course I'm going to get ID'ed.
It's just to double check my age, in view of the law and company policy.
If you don't get ID'ed, you should be worried!
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you

Ooo is there a software or something that does this. I have the same problem as OP and whenever I wear anything more than eyeliner people tend to think I'm playing dress up.:angry:
Original post by LilacLily
Ooo is there a software or something that does this. I have the same problem as OP and whenever I wear anything more than eyeliner people tend to think I'm playing dress up.:angry:

Want some makeup tips? :tongue:
Reply 39
Be careful what you wish for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending